Current COVID/masking in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He could have pushed for changes on the ferries many months ago but nope...

So now Mexico is requiring vaccines to come here or take a PCR test every three days to go into Hemingways or a hotel?

Back in mid-May everyone was waiting for the mayor to unveil a big new plan to deal with covid. Then late May I saw the news in Spanish about an eleven point plan, many of the items I thought were more silliness but many new items I could get behind. Then I heard nothing more of it. Do you remember that and any chance you have a link to it?

Back in mid-May everyone was waiting for the mayor to unveil a big new plan to deal with covid. Then late May I saw the news in Spanish about an eleven point plan, many of the items I thought were more silliness but many new items I could get behind. Then I heard nothing more of it. Do you remember that and any chance you have a link to it?

No idea what your talking about - there was something at one point re iterating everything we are actually supposed to be doing.

Whatever is going on here is much worse today than even back just after Christmas. I hear of entire familys sick - look at the overall numbers that they post, there is alot of people sick and lots in hospital......

No idea what your talking about - there was something at one point re iterating everything we are actually supposed to be doing...

Shoulda bookmarked it. Anyways, some of the points were more detailed data collection and distribution, such as tracking case counts colonia by colonia.

(In searching Alerta Cozumel FB page, I was struck by how frequently there were posts about car and moto accidents.)

So why are they not giving us important data that would help understand the source of the spread and thus how best to minimize it?

For example - and a Cozumel example - of the 300 new covid cases Christi mentioned, how many were locals and how many were tourists? Are you saying that when they confirm a covid case that they don't know if the person is a local or a tourist? Of the locals, how many of them had a person in the household that worked daily with tourists? How many had recently taken a ferry trip?

Does it take a rocket scientist to think "hmmm, maybe we should ask this covid patient where they have been and what they have been doing?". If they aren't asking such questions to determine the source, why not? And if they are asking, where are the results?
Absolutely logical.
Local or "import" cases.
And contact tracing is very very important to stop the spreading among closed contact. All you need is couple of super spreaders to ruin all the hard work.

What is the local population in Cozumel?
Shouldn't take too long to inoculate all of them(100k) or 80%.

Shoulda bookmarked it. Anyways, some of the points were more detailed data collection and distribution, such as tracking case counts colonia by colonia.

(In searching Alerta Cozumel FB page, I was struck by how frequently there were posts about car and moto accidents.)

Ok - if you look thru this page https://www.facebook.com/SESAQROO that is official government page - they were breaking down hot spots. The daily data is still there but for state wide totals....

The freq of accidents posted, it's cause they happen all day long!!! Alerta Cozumel is ok, coda rojo is another, a few others - what gets me is the multiple killing s daily across the pond.....

Shouldn't take too long to inoculate all of them(100k) or 80%.

They are moving along now - they just did the 30+ year olds first shot last week - 40+ has had two shots but there is alot that have not participated..

Thanks for everyone who answered my original inquiry . Man, it sure is amazing how a topic can morph on this board! I’ll be watching to see what happens over the next month and see if any new info about what is happening on site changes!

One additional question I do have is has anyone had a recent documented COVID infection testing positive and then traveled to Mexico. No test required going in but required upon exiting to the US. Does NOT matter if vaccinated or not in this scenario. If one has had a recent infection (within 3 months), then they will still test positive until the remnants of the virus clear. Therefore, they would probably test positive on the exit test! Anyone had to deal with this?? The only way I know to clear up this issue would be to carry a previous test (2+ weeks in advance) as proof of previous infection and no longer contagious. I’m a physician so I think about these things. Anyone have this happen?

Cozumel continue to hold its ranking with Emiliano Zapata holding 6th place for the neighborhoods with the most active cases! (That got tested.) Centro in Cozumel has dropped off the list! (yea!)

221068772_3263742153859241_4073309757903709790_n.jpg

Cozumel remains Orange another week.

220719291_3265349170365206_9019446633071804304_n.png

One additional question I do have is has anyone had a recent documented COVID infection testing positive and then traveled to Mexico. No test required going in but required upon exiting to the US. Does NOT matter if vaccinated or not in this scenario. If one has had a recent infection (within 3 months), then they will still test positive until the remnants of the virus clear. Therefore, they would probably test positive on the exit test! Anyone had to deal with this?? The only way I know to clear up this issue would be to carry a previous test (2+ weeks in advance) as proof of previous infection and no longer contagious. I’m a physician so I think about these things. Anyone have this happen?

First, speaking to a friend at one of the Coz hospitals that does alot of testing, 3 months is a long time to remain testing positive. They find in practice, its much shorter most of the time.

If you had covid before you do, you do this and present to the airline to leave Mexico:

1. TYPE OF TEST: The test is a viral test. See guidance in Option A, #1 (Type of Test).

2. WHERE TEST WAS RUN: The test must include where the test was performed. Include information such as the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test.

3. TIMING: The test must show a specimen collection date within the last 90 days. Tests older than 90 days don’t qualify for option B—passenger must satisfy the requirements of option A.

4. IDENTIFICATION: The test must include information that identifies the person. See guidance in Option A, #4 (Identification).

5. POSITIVE: The test result must be positive. Results marked “invalid” are not accepted. Phrases describing a positive test include, but are not limited to: • POSITIVE • POSITIVE-SARS-CoV-2 RNA DETECTED • SARS-CoV-2 ANTIGEN DETECTED • COVID-19 DETECTED • REACTIVE ☐

6. SIGNED LETTER: Must also have a signed letter stating the passenger is cleared for travel. • From a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official • Must be signed and on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number of the healthcare provider or public health official • Does not need to specify travel—a letter that clears the person to end isolation (e.g., to return to work or school) can be used.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/pdf/Airline_Testing_Order_Checklist-p.pdf

Is that your question?

Cozumel continue to hold its ranking with Emiliano Zapata holding 6th place for the neighborhoods with the most active cases! (That got tested.) Centro in Cozumel has dropped off the list! (yea!)

Hey, that's what I was talking about with tracking by colonia. Seems they did implement that.

Hard to see tourism being the principal driver with Chetumal holding 4 of the top 10 places.

Back
Top Bottom