In Search of Dive Buddies in Seattle/Bellingham area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milkman-scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys,
I just took a fish and wildlife job in Mount Vernon, WA and will be bringing my SCUBA gear with me of course. I have around 50 dives and am advanced open water, nitrox, AAUS, and almost rescue (if not for the pandemic) certified. Most my dives were in the cold and murky waters of Humboldt county, CA with some SoCal dives sprinkled in. This post is an early attempt to hopefully network and meet a couple new dive buddies in the local area who ideally know the local waters. I move to Washington the start of August and would love to dive and/or spearfish soon after I make the move. Let me know if your interested and maybe we could link. Thanks!

Hey guys,
I just took a fish and wildlife job in Mount Vernon, WA and will be bringing my SCUBA gear with me of course. I have around 50 dives and am advanced open water, nitrox, AAUS, and almost rescue (if not for the pandemic) certified. Most my dives were in the cold and murky waters of Humboldt county, CA with some SoCal dives sprinkled in. This post is an early attempt to hopefully network and meet a couple new dive buddies in the local area who ideally know the local waters. I move to Washington the start of August and would love to dive and/or spearfish soon after I make the move. Let me know if your interested and maybe we could link. Thanks!

Are you WDFW? I don't know any of the divers in that group, but WADNR has several divers.

Out of Mt. Vernon, you'll likely want to connect with folks from Everett or Anacortes dive shops. Maybe Bellingham, but I don't know those folks as well.

There's a Facebook group with something like Moss Bay Divers in the name. I've posted there looking for a buddy on a specific date and it's been effective.

I'm always up to dive Mukilteo, where my profile pic was taken: It's about 40 minutes out of Mt. Vernon I'd guess. Unfortunately, I'm teaching a lot of classes between now and about December, so not much time for fun diving unless you can take a weekday off.

My job with WDFW is for salmon and doesn't involve diving unfortunately. Hopefully someday I'll get a job that pays me to dive haha. I was more just trying to find some people to do fun dives/spearfish with in the area. Thank you for the info though, this is a big help! Also, my job works pretty irregular days so it's likely I'll have some weekdays off in the future. Let's keep in touch if you'd be down to dive sometime after I make the move up to WA! Thanks

My job with WDFW is for salmon and doesn't involve diving unfortunately. Hopefully someday I'll get a job that pays me to dive haha. I was more just trying to find some people to do fun dives/spearfish with in the area. Thank you for the info though, this is a big help! Also, my job works pretty irregular days so it's likely I'll have some weekdays off in the future. Let's keep in touch if you'd be down to dive sometime after I make the move up to WA! Thanks
Sounds cool.

I'll shoot you an message with my e-mail. Let me know if you don't get the message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom