Why Surface with 500 PSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2021-7-26_11-24-12.png

Hmm... I can't seem to see the spreadsheet properly. It's too close together, so the figures won't show and can't figure out how to make it wider as it won't give me the option to adjust.
There is a slide bar on bottom right corner of Excel with % scale. Slide it to the right until the numbers show in each cells, like to 100% scale.

There is a slide bar on bottom right corner of Excel with % scale. Slide it to the right until the numbers show in each cells, like to 100% scale.
1st thing I tried. It got bigger, but the spacing of the cells didn't, so still can't read the numbers.
Was just trying to see if increasing the font size would do the trick, but it won't allow me to do that it seems.

1st thing I tried. It got bigger, but the spacing of the cells didn't, so still can't read the numbers.
Was just trying to see if increasing the font size would do the trick, but it won't allow me to do that it seems.
Adjust column width then (right click on the column header, say column B to display the drop down menu and select column width to 10 for example)

...imperial unit you use...150 psi, but for metric it shows 50 bar (725 psi)...Sounds like divers who use metric unit are way more conservative.
I've seen that in our transAtlantic counterparts as well. Perhaps @stepfen or someone would care to comment?

Hmm... I can't seem to see the spreadsheet properly. It's too close together, so the figures won't show and can't figure out how to make it wider as it won't give me the option to adjust.
Unlock the spreadsheet with "scuba" and change column width. I sized it pretty tight to fit on my phone screen. Perhaps that was a mistake.

@Neokian , thank you for your error checking. I'm working on corrections now.

How so? Can you elaborate? Why is 500psi rule so bad? Do you want less? More?

How does RBP contradict the 500PSI rule? In my view, the 500PSI rule is an "end" result and the RBP calculations are the means to arrive with 500 PSI (or any other appropriate value) on the surface. At the end, it doesn't matter how you calculate it, you have to be on the surface with at least 500PSI, very simple.

You don't pay attention to the instructions set by the dive leader/guide/divemaster? What do you do instead?

I know you're not asking me but I have the same kind of mindset.

I dive the way I've been diving the past 53 years, the way that works for me and has proven over a long time to keep me safe. If the dive leader/guide/divemaster has other ideas he/she can try them with some else because it falls on deaf ears with me. If it gets me banned then there are other operators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom