F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are you seeing for wind on Fri? I thought it was out of the N NW.
Today and maybe Friday night it often turns SW in the afternoon. WSW isn't too bad there in cove because it's sheltered by the cliffs. The problem is the proximity of FTW to the RI Sound. The swells and wave action is from there not from the Bay. At FTGetty in the East passage the effects of the Sound are not in play as much and the Bay conditions prevail there and further north up the Bay.

Rhode Island Sound Marine Forecast :: MarineWeather.net
The Marine Weather Forecast In Detail: RI Sound
ANZ235 Forecast Issued: 727 AM EDT Wed Jul 28 2021
Today...Ne Winds 5 To 10 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. A Chance Of Showers This Morning.
Tonight...E Winds 5 To 10 Kt, Becoming S After Midnight. Seas Around 2 Ft.
Thu...Se Winds 5 To 10 Kt, Becoming S 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas Around 2 Ft.
Thu Night...S Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. A Chance Of Showers.
Fri...W Winds 10 To 15 Kt. Gusts Up To 20 Kt In The Morning. Seas 3 To 4 Ft. A Chance Of Showers.
Fri Night...Nw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft.

Sat And Sat Night...W Winds 10 To 15 Kt. Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft.
Sun And Sun Night...Sw Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. A Chance Of Showers.

Friday looks like the "best" we'll get. The West and NW winds are ok for the cove.

What are you seeing for wind on Fri? I thought it was out of the N NW.
This is www.Windy.com for The Dumplings, which is Ft Wetherhill for Friday 8am as of right now. Wind is from west, but it looks like 3ft waves straight in. This can change a lot , but generally the night before the wave prediction holds true.

099FF033-F632-4BC5-B894-3FE8E23AEB0C.png

50555AD1-7BED-49D4-A91E-1438CA111D77.jpeg
I just remembered this post it's the answer to the brand of regulator and the location of the loss. I realized that the regulator is just living up to it's name it is indeed DEEP6'd.

@Bubblesong which model is it? Some of those 2ndstage look like there isn't very much metal to detect. This one for example:
View attachment 673297
Har! Yes, it IS living up to the brand.
That photo is “excursion series”, but there is also “signature series”, but in both cases there is plenty of metal, but it is chromed and Teflon coated. I just tested with a magnet and it is NOT magnetic metal, sorry, I did not check that.
Web page does not say why that would be;
Deep 6 Signature Series Second Stage (Black)
I am thinking of using a flashlight and hoping to get a glint of metal through weeds, but the metal is not very shiny making this even more challenging.
By the way you mention Thursday earlier, this is what it looks like, low waves, but south light wind. I could be there at 8am, if that doesn’t look bad? My spare reg is yoke, and I have one yoke tank, but on other hand, I don’t use much air, and would likely give up the search before I ran out of air.
So much gear is lost in Ft Wetherill, there has to be something to find, so I’m game.
Thoughts?

681107BA-DA30-461A-B003-51BD23EE892B.png

Friday looks like the "best" we'll get. The West and NW winds are ok for the cove.
Your experience is better than trusting a website, so I am game for Friday 8am. Low tide is 6:26am, so more sun light to see better.

I am diving vicariously through this thread, I love looking for lost gear. Friday I am going diving in the St Lawrence River, lots of lost gear below where the dive boats moor lol.

Your experience is better than trusting a website, so I am game for Friday 8am. Low tide is 6:26am, so more sun light to see better.

Thursday or Friday is fine with me. Thursday ESE winds are forecast so that is about straight up and into the cove off the Sound. The vis doesn't matter all that much but 5-6' would be good. It doesn't matter what kind of metal it'll find lead sinkers. No gold or silver or anything worth anything, yet but; if there's metal and the detector gets close enough it'll beep/vibrate.
Deep 6 Signature Series Second Stage (Black) I was hoping it was one of those. I don't see any problem with that one. If you have a similar one we can test it with the detector pre dive.

The low out going tide is best IMO, we can start near where you surfaced and work in, anything we kick up will be carried behind us by the tidal flow over the areas we've already searched. It would actually be better if it's in the rocks it maybe easier to find/spot than in the ell grass.

May head out tomorrow am as it fits well with my schedule and will be awhile before I can return.

Ok, I am packed and will head out, to get there early, aiming for 8am. Hope others can make it as well.
I have a silver Subaru sedan.

I didn't fill any tanks today but I still have 2 that are filled so I'll see you there.

Silver Subaru Crosstrek.

Got to edit this Bile yellow color Subaru Outback wagon 2004

Back
Top Bottom