Bauer filter cartridge expiry date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoila

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just bought a second hand Bauer Junior ii, included in the sale was several brand new unopened filter cartridges- Expiry 2018/11 .
It states on the box/tube not to use after the date, I'm not intending on doing so, but I'm just wondering what actually happens to the filter after the expiry date? it is still in its vacuum sealed packet, so does it degrade or absorb something?
Has anyone actually used an expired one & lived??

I have! And lived!!

seriously.... if they’re still vacuum sealed they’ll be fine.

congratulations- you’ve got yourself a fine compressor.

enjoy!

Andrew

They adsorb moisture over time despite being vacuum packed. A few months out of date sure just use it. 3 years no way, toss it.

I've used Bauer dessicant filters that were well out of date. In the first few hours of running they get very hot, which tells me the dessicant is working just fine, and is not saturated. The indicator strips on the triplex filter elements downstream indicate the same thing, there is no noticeable loss of effectiveness for Bauer filters that are out of date if they are vacuum sealed and stored properly. The Securus monitor shows the same results.

Another way you can do a quick check is weigh
057679 new 191gr saturated 205gr
059183 217 229

3 years out of date is pushing it way to far in my view

You can send them to me and I'll see to it that they are disposed of properly.:wink:

That of course after you take into account the 9.5g weight of the bag

Back
Top Bottom