F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The two siphons next to each other are tunicates (aka sea squirts). The little fish is probably not a shark. New born/hatched sharks are much larger than this. Juvenile fish are really hard to identify.

Thanks!

Anyone for wetherilling Sunday afternoon? (forecast isn't so great though) stuck with family stuff saturday then need to drop my son off at the airport sunday am so its close. :)

I can do Sunday afternoon, concerned Saturday waves might wreck it but we can wait and see.

I can do Sunday afternoon, concerned Saturday waves might wreck it but we can wait and see.

Agreed, and wind swing doesn't look so hot in the afternoon now. Along with tstorms. Also I suppose I should figure out what time I need to send the kid back to his wife. o_O

The two siphons next to each other are tunicates (aka sea squirts). The little fish is probably not a shark. New born/hatched sharks are much larger than this. Juvenile fish are really hard to identify.

Yep, dogfish are live born and much larger. 5-6" long.

Light NW winds all day today. Anyone night diving tonight?

I've got the mini today till Sunday

I've got the mini today till Sunday
I just checked the marine weather 3-4' seas :( I don't think the wind direction is going to matter much anyway.

Yep, dogfish are live born and much larger. 5-6" long.
Yes, with a little internet research and guidance here definitely not dogfish or shark family. As best as I can tell likely extremely young black sea bass but that is far from certain. Thanks all for the help.

Seahorse Safari: This Sunday, August 1, at 8am looks like good conditions. It will be low wave action overnight, so I think it will be as good viz as it gets there. High tide that day is 8am, and it will be cooler temp at that time. These are also the conditions that I saw my one and only seahorse there, so I am bringing my cameras and hoping to find seahorse or something good. Hell, If I can drag my butt out of bed I would rather get there at 7am.
Likely there will be other people there that think the same, so as day goes on, it will get crowded and silty later in morning.
Anyway, that is the plan unless the weather changes, and shifts to crap it out. But my hubby needs our one and only car back so I have to leave for home at 10, which is another reason I can only do early morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom