New Cozumel scuba scavenger hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stingrayvilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
218298525_125102753130724_6258225424223825846_n.jpg

Scuba Hunt is a mix of several games, including a maze, an escape room. The game transforms a dive from a sightseeing tour to an adventure that engages participants on many levels.

Scuba Hunt takes place amongst 90 gigantic concrete blocks. Without the aid of maps or compasses, each team of two divers has to find, follow and decipher a series of clues until they reach and unlock the final lockbox, which contains their prize. The game encourages participants to communicate effectively underwater and use their scuba skills intelligently.

The game takes place at a depth of 19ft/5.7m and has a time limit of 70 minutes to complete. We had a blast but did not complete it because we took our tanks down to 500 psi. It is located at Hemmingways in front of the Mexican Air Base.

Here is the youtube link - website -https://scubahunt-cozumel.com/
Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/scubahuntcozumel/

A portion of me is intrigued by such an offering, but the larger side screams "don't do silly stuff while diving" even if it's at such shallow depths if for no other reason than open a can of worms that leads me to do something really stupid sometime later.

Then again...what's the prize.........? :wink:

Sounds fun! Hopefully you're still doing it (and I remember) the next time I'm in Coz. Probably 2022 for me - I won't be leaving the USA until all the covid related travel restrictions are lifted by both countries.

A portion of me is intrigued by such an offering, but the larger side screams "don't do silly stuff while diving" even if it's at such shallow depths if for no other reason than open a can of worms that leads me to do something really stupid sometime later.

Then again...what's the prize.........? :wink:

Not to mention all of the unskilled divers who will inevitably kill the sea life - despite the fact that these are cement blocks, there is life growing there and they are there to create an artificial reef. Also the unskilled divers who will be improperly weighted and cannot control their buoyancy in such shallow water or those who are more focused on the game than their gauges. I suggest Hemmingway's stick to what they do - provide a party atmosphere. The food is subpar and the only thing that place has going for it is the view - it's far from "iconic."

Keep diving to diving!

It’s not a bad idea for this because it’ll be something interesting to do for divers that you’d rather not dive with.

What in tarnation is he/she doing with the fin???
Is that part of the games??
It also looks like her other (bare) foot is in contact with the block she is sitting on. That's not good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom