Help with planning a Coz dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked with Alamo. But $35 does not include every insurance offered.

Yes it does, although you can pay a bit extra to knock the $500 deductible down to zero. I'm not sure their cars are worth $500.

I haven't done any kind of statistical analysis but the vast majority of bad rental car stories I;ve heard have been with one of the major international brand names not the local businesses. People book with Alamo or Hertz thinking they will get the typical Alamo or Hertz experience and that if they don't then Alamo or Hertz corporate will make it right. Then they find outthat corporate takes no responsibility for the franchise and the franchise is apparently not accountable to corporate.

Blue Angel has a big following so book now, they only have 3-4 rooms per floor 3-4 floors.
I agree with the advice, but to clarify, Blue Angel has a total of 22 rooms - four on the first floor and six on each of the other three floors.

I booked with Alamo. But $35 does not include every insurance offered.

We generally rent from Rentadora ISIS for $35 with full insurance (10% deductible). The nicer cars are $40-45 w/full Ins. It's been the same price for the last 10 years. Haven't rented from them since Margarita passed but suspect prices might creep up a bit.

We generally rent from Rentadora ISIS for $35 with full insurance (10% deductible). The nicer cars are $40-45 w/full Ins. It's been the same price for the last 10 years. Haven't rented from them since Margarita passed but suspect prices might creep up a bit.
Here in the US rent cars have tripled in price in the last few months. Is anything like that going on in Cozumel?

10 % deductable?
So you are responsible for 10% of the total cost of the damages?
10% of the value of the car if stolen or totaled?
10 % of the cost of the damage to the other vehicle?
10% of the lost rental income while the car is being repaired?
10 % is open ended and unlimited
How is this "full coverage"?

10% of the value of the car if stolen or totaled?
I understand that's it, but those VWs aren't worth much. Of course, we all trusted Margarita but now wonder how their kids will run it.

We enjoyed our stays at Blue Angel. Loved sitting on the balcony with morning coffee and evening cocktails. The food was very good at the restaurant. Just be aware that the rooms are very "basic" and the bathroom lighting is poor. So if your wife is expecting more luxurious amenities, she will be disappointed.

We enjoyed our stays at Blue Angel. Loved sitting on the balcony with morning coffee and evening cocktails. The food was very good at the restaurant. Just be aware that the rooms are very "basic" and the bathroom lighting is poor. So if your wife is expecting more luxurious amenities, she will be disappointed.

Thanks. We are not high maintenance travelers. All we expect from a room is that it be clean and that everything works properly. Beyond that, my wife just wants a quiet place where she can relax on the balcony or by a pool or beach and read while I go diving. Good food at an on-site restaurant is a huge plus.

Big thanks to everyone for helping me with the trip planning!

Thanks. We are not high maintenance travelers. All we expect from a room is that it be clean and that everything works properly. Beyond that, my wife just wants a quiet place where she can relax on the balcony or by a pool or beach and read while I go diving.
Ever been to Mexico? You know that used toilet paper goes in the trash, not the toilet. The cleaning lady empties that for you tho. Except, the last time I stayed there, I did have a toilet problem and told the owner that I had been doing that, and she said "that's gross." They were new owners and may not have understood that then. Take some baking soda to sprinkle on used paper if you want.

Your wife can use the balcony as a Widow's Watch and look for you leaving and returning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom