Somehow my tanks multiplied on me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'm up to 15 steel and 2 illegitimate bastard al.... not really sure who the mother is on those 2 tbh.

My tank collection used to be pure: all high pressure steels. Living in the Midwest, low pressure steels are a liability. So much ignorance means that it’s difficult to get the fill that they are rated for, let alone the heresy! of one psi beyond. It’s not the Bible belt, but you can see it from here.

But then, I began to stray… I got my own compressor, so tank ratings are… interesting guidelines. And LP 85s have wonderful trim and weight characteristics for their capacity. So, a pair appeared. A set of LP 95s materialized just because they were priced less than half of their actual value; so even though they trim poorly on me, they made a great storage bank.

But when I started diving deeper and longer, I truly left the path of morality. All of a sudden, I realized I had to go over to the Dark Side: now I needed aluminum tanks as stage and deco bottles.

At this point, my tanks swing every which way.

Except sidemount: that is just too far beyond the pale.

@tmassey

SM would be straying into heresy? :D

Depends on your definition of that word bit in short no.

I suppose $1000 might be the top of my "inexpensive" range. I suspect that the number of tanks and the quantity of dives would be factors in doing an economic analysis.

I suppose $1000 might be the top of my "inexpensive" range. I suspect that the number of tanks and the quantity of dives would be factors in doing an economic analysis.

$1k will in no way provide you with a compressor to successfully work for SCUBA....

FTR - there is no economy of compressor ownership, just convenience...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom