Shearwater ad . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neither did that lady from the original Star Trek:eyebrow::wink:
The Orians, this one with red hair looks pretty good to me must be from OrIreland.

View attachment 675792

Regardless of your opinion on Shearwater gear, that recent SB ad for the Teric leaves something to be desired

"The watch that transforms you?"

That pallor? She don't look so hot . . .

When did you see this? I thought Shearwater buried all evidence of this mis-conceived campaign.

"The watch that transforms you" ... really?

When did you see this? I thought Shearwater buried all evidence of this mis-conceived campaign.

"The watch that transforms you" ... really?
It's on an ad in the upper left of my screen right now. 8/12/21 1104 AM est.

She still looks hotter than me (to be clear, not a huge accomplishment, if any at all).

It does what advertising should do. Catch your eye, gets you to pay attention. For that they did what Whearwater does, make something just work.

Did you notice the other ad? Probably not. I didn't see it until I was looking for the green one. What ad am I talking about? This one.
upload_2021-8-12_11-49-58.png

Doesn't have that second look that the green one has.

that at least makes more sense (Buy a teric and become norse aquaman!). i don't get the message for the green mermaid, that if you are a female diver and buy a teric, you will become the witch from wicked on a dive vacation?

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 12.57.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 12.58.28 PM.png

All joking aside about that comely though obviously bilious diver -- someone, please offer her a bucket and a mint -- I did have to hand it to Shearwater, for the very frank warnings offered in their online Teric manual, especially that Sasquatch-level industry rarity, “This computer will fail. It is not a question if it will fail, but when it will fail. Do not depend on it;” that, and the valuable further advice on carrying a mechanical SPG, when using their air-integrated option, especially, given a generation of divers, all-too dependent upon electronics, combined with salt water . . .

Okay, so their ads are not so good. I am afraid I would have to pass on a green woman. They could have run "The watch that is out of this world" and then had green aliens like those that are in deep freezers from Roswell and Cave Creek or even ET all outfitted up in SCUBA gear with a submersible UFO in the background! "It does everything but phone home!"

Just a dumb ad, cannot be good at everything. Their computers are good and that is what counts, not a silly ad.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom