Favorite obscure movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suthnbelle:
Who has seen Napoleon Dynaminte? It has its funny moments.

Loved the scene where Uncle Rico knocks Napoleon off his bike with the steak...

munkispank:
cool movie suggestions- glad to say I have seen a high percentage of them

Grier- great taste dude :)
I love John waters and Pedro Almodovar- tie me up tie me down- say no more!

Some really cool Japanese ones- not neccesarily obscure but:

suicide club- put it this was- lots of blood and a roll of skin and an ending with children and baby chicks in a giant box

Ichi the Killer- absolutely fantastic- really the best- very bloody and totally mad

Battle royale 1 & 2- highschool kids get put on an island as partof a game show and they have to kill each other- last one standing wins

Ong Bak- Thai kickboxing movie- very cool Kung-fu kicks and lots of gritty stuff (heralded at the thai John Woo)

I could go on- and on......

OH- and you can get all region DVD players fairly cheaply now - for export abraod of course :wink:

A diver, charming, smart, and she loves kung fu movies! What a woman!

Not too obscure, but I've gotta mention Kill Bill 1 & 2. "The woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die.."

As an aside, I was just on a plane back from Vegas where they showed Hero as the film (a Jet Li film). In the terminal waiting for my connection, I heard two cosmetologists from my flight talking about it, and one said, "That was a terrible movie. Everybody was Chinese, and they all spoke Spanish..." It seems that she didn't know that the sound track was in English and Spanish... It was all I could do to keep my face buried in my magazine as I went into paroxysmal giggles.

To whomever said Gods Must be Crazy 1 and 2 YOU ARE SOOO COOOL.

And my fav (i'm not sure it's obscure) movie is Jonny Lingo, (the original one.) Mahana you ugly, get down from that tree. "

plsander:
Some excellent movies have already been listed...

I would add:

Being There - Peter Sellers as an autistic (maybe?) gardener thrust into Washington politics.

I never visit the Biltmore House without thinking of that movie - what a classic!

"It's for sure a white man's world in America. Look here: I raised that boy since he was the size of a piss-ant. And I'll say right now, he never learned to read and write. No, sir. Had no brains at all. Was stuffed with rice pudding between th' ears. Shortchanged by the Lord, and dumb as a jackass. Look at him now! Yes, sir, all you've gotta be is white in America, to get whatever you want. Gobbledy-gook! "

Amazon Women on the Moon. It was a spoof on all the commercials of late night movies. Really funny. I think it had Arsenio Hall in one of his first.

scuba_chick55:
To whomever said Gods Must be Crazy 1 and 2 YOU ARE SOOO COOOL.

And my fav (i'm not sure it's obscure) movie is Jonny Lingo, (the original one.) Mahana you ugly, get down from that tree. "

If you're a fan of Xi from TGMBC, you should get the DVD release. There's a featurette about his life after making the film. What a screen presence!

"Wise Blood," except for the soundtrack, "because nobody with a good car needs to be justified."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom