Regulator First Stage DIN Dust Cap with O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking for Dust Caps for DIN first stages with o-ring for better sealing. I have ones without o-rings but I am looking for ones with o-rings if they exist. Please give me link to the product.

There’s a captured o-ring on the male DIN itself. What would you gain adding another one on a female cap? What do you expect it to seal to?

I am looking for Dust Caps for DIN first stages with o-ring for better sealing. I have ones without o-rings but I am looking for ones with o-rings if they exist. Please give me link to the product.
It does not make much sense. The reg already has the oring. doubling orings will actually make the seal worse

Do you know if this cap has an o-ring inside it? The description doesn't clarify if it has or just seals against the o-ring on DIN connection.
It doesn't need one there is already the o-ring on the reg, adding a second would probably make an inferior seal.

There’s a captured o-ring on the male DIN itself. What would you gain adding another one on a female cap? What do you expect it to seal to?

It does not make much sense. The reg already has the oring. doubling orings will actually make the seal worse

A while back I came across a DIN dust cap with o-ring inside it but I forgot now where I saw it and who made it. I want to buy a couple to test it and see if it seals better (or worse). I am not convinced that the standard DIN dust cap without o-ring actually seals 100% against the DIN connection o-ring.

I am going to experiment and see if it does matter and/or make any difference (for better or worse).

A while back I came across a DIN dust cap with o-ring inside it but I forgot now where I saw it and who made it. I want to buy a couple to test it and see if it seals better (or worse). I am not convinced that the standard DIN dust cap without o-ring actually seals 100% against the DIN connection o-ring.

I am going to experiment and see if it does matter and/or make any difference (for better or worse).
My guess would be worse.

…or you buy the one @grf88 recommends above that has the same shape as the inside of your DIN cylinder valves, and happily holds back 300bar of pressure with a remarkably low failure rate, and save yourself faff and extra waste in the process.

…or you buy the one @grf88 recommends above that has the same shape as the inside of your DIN cylinder valves, and happily holds back 300bar of pressure with a remarkably low failure rate, and save yourself faff and extra waste in the process.

I already have the DIN dust caps without the o-ring, I just wanted to find the one I saw a while back that had an o-ring inside it to test it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom