Should I spend more time in Dahab or Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eckoback

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Visiting Egypt for the first time next month, where I'll be spending three days in Hurghada, a week on a liveaboard doing the BDE route, tentatively three days in Sharm, and tentatively three days in Dahab. How should I allocate my time in the latter two? Is three / three fine, or should I re-allocate?

In Sharm, I'd like to do dives at the Thistlegorm, Ras Mohamad, and Straits of Tiran, and at Dahab, all the obvious spots, as well as Ras Abu Galum. But what do yall think?

I know that actress » the pond » your annual leave allowances are tiny ! A lot will depend on when / if you are likely to return to Egypt. Personally after a liveaboard I would do either or ! Dahab is a beautiful characterful town with great shire diving. You will loose a diving day by moving. But for thé wrecks and Tipran and Ras Mohammed’s Sharm is fabulous. Either way you will have a wonderful trip.

Here in the UK we have to isolate in a London quarantine hotel at a cool £2000 pounds plus per person for t’en days after a trip to Egypt for now. So enjoy it !

I would spend more time in Sharm and less time in Dahab. You may end up wanting to dive Ras and Tiran more than just the one day each. They are incredible. Honestly, the diving in Hurghada whether from shore or boat is extremely underwhelming, especially if you plan to be in or around Sharm. I would pass on it (I've done Hurghada, Marsa Alam, Sharm land based and have also done a liveaboard to north/tiran and done the wrecks, as well as BDE a few times and the fury shoal/st john/rocky/zabargad routes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom