When do you think virus-related disruptions will end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make no prediction because the issue is far too complicated.
I am giving myself the best available protection ie. vaccine and general personal hygiene. What else can I do?
As for diving in Asia?
Just take a look at the vaccination record for the Big Four.
Whatever will be will be!!

Take good care.

And I'd need to know more about where I'd be spending the 8 days.

This point is very important.

Having done a 10 day quarantine at a hotel next to Heathrow airport last June I really don't want to repeat that experience again. If the quarnatine hotel had a house reef however, well perhaps that might ease the pain :)

This point is very important.

Having done a 10 day quarantine at a hotel next to Heathrow airport last June I really don't want to repeat that experience again. If the quarnatine hotel had a house reef however, well perhaps that might ease the pain :)

That would definitely be a dream. No way they'll let that happen.

I could do 8 days at the Novotel at Ngurah Rai Intel without too much trouble, I think but Jakarta airport and whatever Indo is using for guarantine digs there, unh unh, nope.

Lol, that's just silly.

Backpacker's don't stay in the finer beach hotels in Nusa Dua and the finer travelers don't stay in hostels in Ubud nor do they keep small shops and restaurants open.

Yup and for my planned 3 week diving trip I would not be in Ubud or Nusa.

Yup and for my planned 3 week diving trip I would not be in Ubud or Nusa.

Best take a checked bag with you. Lol

Lol, that's just silly.

Backpacker's don't stay in the finer beach hotels in Nusa Dua and the finer travelers don't stay in hostels in Ubud nor do they keep small shops and restaurants open.
Probably pick up the idea from Bhutan. But they forgot Bhutan does not need tourists so they can be selective but Indonesia is just the opposite.
"Silly" is just too kind a word on such a stupid idea!!
Discrimination or prejudice.
Remind me of something I saw donkey's yrs ago on the land crossing from India to Nepal. When the Nepalese immigration asked a scruffy looking foreign tourist to change US$100.00 first!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom