Sound off!! Whats your favorite Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't say as far as 1st stages go - the 3 that I've tried (Scubapro, Absmal & DiveRite) all seem to deliver air - lol

2n'd stages I have tried 6 different ones so far. 2 Scubapros (one 500 series, don't remember the othe) one abysmal adventure, a DiveRite R2010 and a Kirby Morgan Superflow.

The Kirby Morgan Superflow 2nd has been far and away my favorite thus far. It's almost as if I'm not underwater and it's the most comfortable one for my mouth and face that I've tried. (only 34 dives, so not a lot of experience)

Tim

My current favorites are still my Mk20 D400's. Super performance, easy breathing, very reliable.

My second choice would be my Mk 10 Balanced Adjustables. The BA second stage in particular offers G250 performance with smaller size, less dry mouth, better heat transfer in cold water and better durability and good looks even after decades of use.

I currently use BA second stages set up with 40 inch hoses on MK 3 first stages for use as deco regs. The Mk 3 is another perennial favorite. Performance is nothing stellar at depth but it is lightweight, compact, super simple, super reliable and perfectly suited for use with high concentrations of O2 as no part of the first stage downstream of the HP seat is subjected to anything greater than intermediate pressure.

I love my Sherwood bruts for cave diving they are indestructable, but I am diving a titan as well and that seems to have the best of both worlds: reliability and a cool name..

Mares MR22/Abyss followed by the Poseidon Jetstream.
Found both more pleasant for me than Scubapro MK20/G250 and Apeks TX100, which I tried as well. The Scubapro was better than the Apeks IMO.

Currently, my Scubapro Mk25 first stage, coupled with an 'older' Scubapro D400 second stage is my favorite rig. Second runner up would be my Scubapro MK20 first stage with either my G500 or S600 second stage. I have picked up a Scubapro Balanced Adjustable to try out on my next dive trip.

I am happy with my Atomic M1.
I also like having my Poseidon Cyclone on my pony. It's not nearly as nice to breath from, but in freezing water, if I ever need it, I know it will breath.

Mine favorites are;
1. USD Mistral dh regulator--simple and reliable
2. USD Royal Aquamaster dh regulator--superior perfomance
3. Voit MR12II single hose-simple and superb performance and rugged metal construction
4. Tekna 2100B-plastic but light and small with great performance
5. Mares Proton Metal--excellent breathing--"throw away" regulator because Mares does not provide parts support
N

DA Aquamaster:
My second choice would be my Mk 10 Balanced Adjustables. The BA second stage in particular offers G250 performance with smaller size, less dry mouth, better heat transfer in cold water and better durability and good looks even after decades of use.

This is exactly why I still use my medal Dacor Pacers to this day. Most people don’t realize the moisture retention and heat transfer medal regulators have. Great point!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom