My Europe Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey Ladies, I thought we needed some new posts in this forum so I thought of the two things that have been on my mind lately. This summer I'm going to Europe, namely Spain, Italy, and France. I'm going with a group called Student Ambassadors and my guide happens to be my high school chemistry teacher. He knows I'm interested in scuba diving and I've asked him if we could go while we are there. I just wanted to know if you people know of any great dive sites. I haven't done a formal search on it or anything, I thought I'd ask here first and get personal tells first. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks,

Cool, you're going to Europe! I don't have any suggestions because I've never been there, but keep us up to date on the plans and let us know how the trip is.

What exactly do you do as a student ambassador?

Hi there...
I actually work in a Dive Centre in Spain..its in a place called L´estartit its in Cataluña (about 2 hours away from Barcelona). I work with the snorkel side of business but my centre is called La Sirena and we use Las Medas islands..which is a beautiful place to dive. Its a nature reserve so there are thousands of fish,Rays,Corals,Caves,Chambers,everything you could possibly want to see and experience.This summer will be my fourth season working there and I do snorkel trips out to the islands 4 times a day every day of the week and never get tired of them. If you are around the area please feel free to contact me,my email is natztar@hotmail.com if I can be of any help. Also look up on the internet Las islas Medas and see what you think. Ok I hope this helps.

Well in reply to emn057 a student ambassador is a student (obviously) who was nominated by a teacher or enrolled student ambassador to be invited to go on a trip and become a student ambassador. Dwight D. Eisenhower was actually the person who started it because he thought it would promote international peace. So each year more students are nominated and if they can go to the destination they become a student ambassador, a student representitive of the United States. If you can't go on the trip then you are invited each year after until you can go.

Student Ambassadors is an educational experience too. When I go this year I will earn high school and college credit. Each month we have an orientation meeting to learn more about the program and the countries we will be visiting.

I get a small bonus because in chemistry we tease my teacher (who is one of our guides) that we're all going to die and it's all his fault. It's his worst nightmare for anyone to go missing while we are gone. (I think it would be mine if I was guiding 52 students across France, Italy, and Spain too.)

Anyway, sorry for that long explanation, I hope I explained it in a way you can understand, I'm kinda tired right now so I'm not thinking to clearly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom