recomended Dive opertators in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac:
I have chosen dive ops that I liked to tell you about on GC, there are plenty of other ops that I wouldn't refer you to. Fish-eye in the past on Grand Cayman (west and north side), also Ocean Frontiers on the east side. On the Brac, Ive used both Brac Divers and the Divi, I prefer the Divi., on Little Cayman I've used Reef Divers from LCBR and found them to be tops, but have not used any other dive ops on LC.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

You wouldn't recommend Ocean Frontiers? Can I ask why? I have dived the Caymans many times, and they by far were the best dive op I personally have used there (and throughout the Carib, frankly). Expensive, yes, but well worth the money, IMHO. Can't remember ever hearing a bad word about them other than cost, just curious why you wouldn't recommend them.

MyNoles:
You wouldn't recommend Ocean Frontiers? Can I ask why? I have dived the Caymans many times, and they by far were the best dive op I personally have used there (and throughout the Carib, frankly). Expensive, yes, but well worth the money, IMHO. Can't remember ever hearing a bad word about them other than cost, just curious why you wouldn't recommend them.

I do recommend Ocean Frontiers, I have dove with them on the East side and they were great, on the west and north side I recommend Fish-eye although they have changed ownership and I havent used them since.
I have also (years ago) dove with Fosters and Bob Soto and would classify them more of the cattle boat ops. I have also dove with Sunset house which was good and Treasure Island which wasn't as good as Sunset house. I have observed Red Sail also and would not prefer them. Last year I was at Dive Tech. and that looked like a good op, but I haven't used them.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Some of the smaller dive operators here on GC have had a hard time of it after the hurricane, but all of the best small ops here are still very much in operation and are diving daily.
Wall to Wall Divers www.walltowalldiving.com Off The Wall Divers www.otw.com Ebanks Divers www.ebanksdivers.com and (of course :)) Neptune's Divers www.neptunesdivers.com are some of the dive operators that take out smaller groups and are in full operation.
Cheers~ Casey

jbisjim:
I am looking into places for our 2006 Dive trip. Some have suggested Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac. Does anyone have any recomended dive operators? I am also looking suggest hotel operators.

I'll take other destination suggestions as well
Divetech in is up and running, they didn't get hit bad at all after hurrican Ivan.They have 2 shops.1 at Turtle reef, and the other is on property with Cobalt Coast,Both in West Bay. Web site is WWW.divetech.com. Hope this helps,Have fun,Turtle Gal

jbisjim:
I am looking into places for our 2006 Dive trip. Some have suggested Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac. Does anyone have any recomended dive operators? I am also looking suggest hotel operators.

I'll take other destination suggestions as well
Sorry,This one is a huge typo

Back
Top Bottom