Puerto Vallarta Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Pelchen

Registered
Reaction score
My family and I are planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta later this month. Does anyone have feedback on using Pacific Scuba or Twin Dolphins dive shops?

Dan Pelchen:
My family and I are scheduled to visit Bucerias (N. of PV 15 miles) later this month for 2 weeks. Suggestions on dive shops would be appreciated. Pacific Scuba? Twin Dolphins?

Prices were cheap, with full gear rental. These were my first dives ever, and I was not certified. It was a "discover scuba" type deal. With that said, we were in PV for 7 nights and we did a total of 4 dives with them over two days. The groups we went out with were small and most people were on the "discover scuba" thing as well, although each day there were a couple certified divers with us. All dives were to Los Arcos, which is also a snorkel tour destination. I hear the better diving is at a place called Mahauitas(sp?). I seem to remember emailing pacific scuba ahead of time. Perhaps they could answer your questions as to what they offer.

BTW - all dive sites they go to, as far as I know, are at least 45 minutes away by boat....so bring the dramamine if you get motion sick. Also, the boat, at the time I went, has no bathroom....

have fun!

:sunny Hi there Dan Pelchen! Welcome to Scuba Board! My name is Matt. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers here. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.

Take care and safe diving. Matt. :monkeydan

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

I went there last summer with my family, we didn't go diving (much to my displeasure) but it was beautiful. I suggest very light clothing when you go. If you like Mexican food make sure you go to Pipi's. The best service and food I have EVER had. I don't know where you are staying but Pipi's is in the main town. I don't know the address off the top of my head but I think we have a business card or something if you want to go there. I hope you have a way awesome time and say hello to Mexico for me. I miss it so much even though I was only there for a week.

P.S. Welcome to the Board!

Welcome to ScubaBoard :D

Lil' Irish Temper:
Welcome to ScubaBoard :D

Wecome. I'm new to the board too. I am headed back down to PV on April 1st for 5 weeks. I'm working on a TV project with the Jalisco Tourism board. I worked with Twin Dolphins in January and I know Pacific Scuba is one of the best as well. I am taking a Nitrox course with Vallartech, who are very good as too. Those are the 3 best shops there. Giovanni at Twin Dolphins is great with kids, his 9 year old daughter dives, while Vallartech and Pacific Scuba have a little bit newer equipment. I am taking all my own, brand new, this time except of course for weights and tanks. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Just got back at the end of March and did a few dives with Pacific Scuba....great outfit!!!!! Vis was not the best but we saw 4 large (10-15 foot range) mantas. I would definately recommend Pacific and would dive with them again next time I go.

If you get the chance, take the wife or girlfriend to the Rythms of the Night tour....you get a semi-private torch lit dinner on the beach.....definately worth the money.

Dan Pelchen:
My family and I are planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta later this month. Does anyone have feedback on using Pacific Scuba or Twin Dolphins dive shops?

I went with Pacific Scuba last yr. Good prices, small, fast boats, great crew and DM's. Highly recommend them.

jpomerantz:
I went with Pacific Scuba last yr. Good prices, small, fast boats, great crew and DM's. Highly recommend them.

I've been here in PV for the last 1 1/2 months or so and been diving with Twin Dolphins mostly (26 dives) but Pacific Scuba is great too. Vallartech is one of the best as well and I get my Nitrox from them. We were riding some 20 meter whale sharks near San Blas last week and everyone on the boat yesterday rode a very friendly Manta at Majauitas yesterday, which I missed unfortunately because I was working. Ask for Giovanni at Twin Dolphins and he can show you the video.

The water is clearing up nicely here now and it's getting a lot warmer, so come on down!

Back
Top Bottom