Galapagos Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any divers out there who can share their experiences with any liveaboards for the Galapagos Islands? We are considering a trip there in July 2006.

Thanks!

Did a ten-day trip on the Mistral a few years ago.
Excellent boat and food, great diving.

Couple of tips to maybe save you some cash -

I booked through an American company (I live in Europe), but gave them all the info as to what I wanted. Did my research, and decided to use the Mistral by Quasar Nautica

Google that site, but get the booking through your local agent. Lower prices, but with the assurance that nothing should go wrong.

BTW the same approach works for all other destinations too. That way a PNG package will cost you Australian dollars, not American!
Slightly off-topic, but you get the drift.

Galapagos is different diving, be fit and enjoy!

Seadeuce

I also have done Galapagos on the Aggressor and it was an amazing trip!!, but not for the faint of heart or novice divers. Diveborg's friend is also a great friend of mine and was supposed to come on our trip but had an ear situation that prevented it.
I would highly reccommend the Aggressor. It may be a little bit more expensive than others, but the crew and boat are top notch and it was a trip of a life time. We're already making plans for a return trip in 2006.
You may want to contact Ultimate Dive Travel at office@ultimatedivetravel.com... they're a great dive travel agency and I know the Aggressor books up quickly.
Hey Diveborg! Everything good with you? When's you're next visit to the Caymans?

Hi
I was in Galapagos on LammerLaw in late November. it is another Quasa Nautica boat (like Mistral). It was excellent. Probably a little more comfort than I really required and doing it again I might go for the les expensive Mistral. I think Lammerlaw is the least expensive of the top class of boats and then Mistral fits in the next category. We had excellent diving, whale sharks, Hammerheads, red lipped bat fish and almost everything in between, excellent food and good lodging.
Enjoy it.
Alison

Thank you to all! We are looking for something different and we appreciate your opinions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom