Mares HUB and aircraft....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wytch:
he reckons he loved it and was sorry to see it go.

Funny... I've had many women say the same thing about me... but as I walked away I could hear the whooping, hollering and shouts of "I'm Free! I'm Free!!"

Probably no correlation.

:lol3:

Just too damned funny !!!!!!!!!!!

OK, OK you were all right.
The HUB was great in Thailand and performed impeccably, but it's too damned heavy and has since been ...ahem...redistributed.
Any suggestions for a BCD and regs, guys :) ?

BigJetDriver69:
Folks,

I need to post this as a sticky note.

The pressure in the cargo hold is the same as that inside all of the hull. It is the same air that you are breathing. It is cooler, usually, down there, but not in the freezing range.

Trust me on this one, kids! It is true!

Rob Davie
Pilot / Continental Airlines

Got there before me................................

Your right this should be a sticky :wink:

you should search the forum for this but we have been extraordinarily pleased with the Seaquest Balance (my wife has the Libra). They are back inflate, very low profile, comfortable, easy to travel with and generally well designed.

We use Apeks ATX 200 / ATX 40 regs in the long hose configuration and, again, really love the combo.

You will get as many different opinions as posters. We all want to justify our spend.....

Good luck.

wytch:
The HUB was great in Thailand and performed impeccably, but it's too damned heavy and has since been ...ahem...redistributed.

jonnythan:
LOL Mark.

I think you should put a big sign that says "EXPENSIVE DIVE GEAR - KEEP AN EYE ON THIS ONE - DO NOT STEAL ME!" on it and hope for the best *cough*

The best would be that someone WOULD steal it. So Thailand no longer does the HUB, at least someone has brains.

Larry, ROFLMA and bumped my head on the desk, ROFLMAO. I was kinda surprised to see that you said this since I thought that you were one of those that like the HUB. :11:

Suggestons: Zeagle, Apeks, Dive Rite, ScubaPro just to name a few. One big factor is going to be $$$.

wytch:

If you liked the Airtrim go for a Morphos Pro :wink:

cancun mark:
I suggest you wear it, that way you wont get charged excess baggage.

When you get on the plane, just take it off and ask a steward to hang up your "coat"

I you do decide to wear it, I have this really nice dolphin tie...

So they have an airplane stuffed in there somewhere??? :wink:

wytch:
This question has probably been asked before but I can't find a thread.
I have recently bought a second hand Mares HUB Avantgarde and am flying to Thailand in 6 weeks - don't gasp, they need our support more than ever right now.
My question is.....since the HUB is a big old bit of kit, I can't have it as hand luggage in the cabin. Since the regs are attached to the BC, can I be sure the pressure in the cargo hold won't upset the reg set up? Or can the regs be removed from the HUB (cos I can't see how!)
Any advice/suggestions/reassurance would be delightful, cheers!

Wytch,

The pressure in the hold is EXACTLY the same as it is where you sit. There are no pressure bulk-heads between you and the cargo. The air flows out of the overhead vents, down over you, and down into the cargo area via the sidewall vents at floor level. It is a little cooler down there, but not all that much. your regs wil be fine.

Now your computer may be affected by the cabin altitude, which will be around 6000 to 7000 feet. Some computers need to have the battery removed, or be "put to sleep" or else they read a little funny at destination for a while. Check your manual.

Cheers!

Rob Davie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom