Best Dive Magazine

What Interests you in a Dive magazine

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read Scubadiving, SportDiver and look at Fathoms for the pretty pictures. And I look at Alert Diver magazine since DAN sends it. I looked at Dive Training once but there wasn't a lot there of interest to me.

I do agree with Kestrell regarding the first two. Of course that's probably why they're still in business unlike the old Skin Diver and now it looks like Immersed...

Scuba Diving & Sport Diver :mischief:
I keep all of my issues for information on future/planned trips and purchases...

Dive Training is #1 in my book. I got a subscription for Christmas and love it. My father-in-law who is also my instructor truned me on to it on our way for my cert. Really good articles. I like the technical articles especially the recent series a few months back about the different gas laws.

Advanced Diver Magazine and Scuba Diving magazine. Dive Training often has good articles too. Sport Diver is OK, but I get tired of every article ending in, "see your local PADI dive facility for more details."

Sport Diver is the only one I read on a regular basis BUT I get it with my PADI diving society Membership.
I have to agree with Firebrand I am getting a bit tired of the "See your Local PADI dealer for details" in almost every article. Other than that it is a good publication with some good dive tipsm, gear eval., and trip ideas. I too keep every mag to use as a reference for later dive trips
I have read a few Alert Diver Mags as well (when they are laying around the old mag stack in the office) Good stuff. (will be getting that mag too once I sign up for DAN, I haven't yet cuz I haven't been diving since last Sept so no need for diver insurance if not diving, but I will be signing up in May/June)
Other than them I don't read too many others (NO TIME)
I would probably read most of em if I had time and access to em (don't buy em cuz I'm trying to save some pennies to buy a BC and then a 7mm or drysuit for the cold NY waters)

I subscribe to the following

Wreck Diving
Dive Training
Scuba Diving
DAN Alert

I will try out a few different magazines, and keep the ones that interest me, or fit in with my current training.

Mike

I think the shortcoming of most of the US magazines is the depth of the stories. Wreck Diving and Immersed are much more to my liking even though I am not a tech diver, then there is Scuba Diving which is IMO about 99% smoke and mirrors. Diver Magazine, from the UK, and Asian Diver, from Singapore, have much more meat in their articles.

I receive Dive Training, Sport Diver, ScubaDiving and Alert Diver. For me Dive Training is by far the best. Besides the free magazine and coupon book I havent quite figured out what other benefits Im getting from the PADI membership.

Diversauras:
I think the shortcoming of most of the US magazines is the depth of the stories. Wreck Diving and Immersed are much more to my liking even though I am not a tech diver, then there is Scuba Diving which is IMO about 99% smoke and mirrors. Diver Magazine, from the UK, and Asian Diver, from Singapore, have much more meat in their articles.

I was going to recommend Asian Diver for the same reason...Plus, I find it visually appealing without being distracted by ads...and the regional information is a little more relevant to my diving interests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom