1/1/02 Dive, CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillP

Reaction score
A buddy (Campana from RSD and Diverlink- he should be along soon) and I headed out to Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell, Texas for their 1st annual Polar Bear Dive today. We met up with Texas Mike, Corsair, and Phantom.

Air temps were just above freezing. One fellow thought he saw snowflakes, but the snow is supposed to head south of us today (Waco might get 4") and all I saw was white ash from the bonfire blowing around. Water temps were a nice 51°F on my computer and 46° on Campana's. I would say maybe 30 divers showed up through the morning, and I would guess that most of the drysuit divers in Texas were there (grin). The wetsuit divers didn't hang around very long at all.

We did about a half hour dive to almost 50'. The park is usually teaming with fish, but we must have been where they weren't. I saw a largemouth bass and Campana saw a big catfish. We found some nice rock formations at one end of the lake, and the way the bottom was pockmarked I think someone was nesting. The park has a lot more to offer in the way of life in the summer, but all in all it was a good dive.

Happy New Year All!

Bill

(Attached file of the t-shirt from the dive. Hey, after you've been there and done that, you gotta get the shirt!)

That's a :cold: report! Did you see any Cuttle :shark: ?

Glad ya'll had a great time and got that neat T-shirt!

It was really neat to meet BillP and his buddy as well as the other divers who braved the cold. And it did look like the a convention of the "Drysuit Divers of Texas".

This was also the only dive I have been on where the temp gauge on my console went UP after(!!) after I jumped into the water.

I should also give recognition to our own CavernQT (Tabatha) as the designer of the Polar Bear Dive Club t-shirt. She is the one who also designed the TSDT shirts.

I had a lot of fun. Maybe next year we can try for the awared for the Polar Bare-est!

Originally posted by TexasMike

I should also give recognition to our own CavernQT (Tabatha) as the designer of the Polar Bear Dive Club t-shirt. She is the one who also designed the TSDT shirts.

I didn't know that. Nice job, Tabatha!

Back
Top Bottom