1/2 male-3/8 female adaptor reliable for 7-foot hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mydive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A short question: I have Apex ATX200 regulator. It has 1/2-inchi LP regulator female on the primary. I seem to have difficulties locating a 7-foot regulator hose that has 1/2-iinchi male, and so I am considering buying a 7-foot hose with 3/8-inchi male together with a hose adaptor that has 1/2-inchi male and 3/8-inchi female. Does anybody use this setup? If so how reliable it is. Some suggest that this introduce additional a failure point. Let me know your thoughts

Thanks,

mydive:
A short question: I have Apex ATX200 regulator. It has 1/2-inchi LP regulator female on the primary. I seem to have difficulties locating a 7-foot regulator hose that has 1/2-iinchi male, and so I am considering buying a 7-foot hose with 3/8-inchi male together with a hose adaptor that has 1/2-inchi male and 3/8-inchi female. Does anybody use this setup? If so how reliable it is. Some suggest that this introduce additional a failure point. Let me know your thoughts

Thanks,

Personally, I'd skip the adapter. Go to techdivinglimited.com. They'll hook you up with the right hose.

I don't know why I didn't remember this earlier- but with the ATX200 (this is what I also use for my single tank reg) the routing is cleaner if you route the primary (7') off the 3/8" port and the backup off the 1/2" port so you may want to get the short hose for the backup with the 1/2" fitting, not the 7' hose.

I stock 1/2" Halcyon hoses for this very reason. My ATX100's have that sized port, which is a real pain, especially for doubles. The good news is that they are now shipping them in standard sizes. Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything

Thanks, Chris, I actually went for LG diver's suggestion last week (so that I can use my 7-foot 3/8 hose in other regulators, which I may be getting in the future). Oh, I also checked out your website. Because my wife and I dove in Key Largo before, I may be intereested in taking the DIR fundamentals class there. I will send email to you sometime in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom