• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

1/2in NPS valve required for 72

Discussion in 'Vintage Equipment Diving' started by Zodiacdiverdave, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Just had a steal 72 hydroed, it passed no problem but when I inspected the threads on the valve they were almost non-existant. Now the problem is the valve is a 1/2 inch NPS that's with the O ring not the NPT. Does any one know of a source for these valves. I don't care if it is a J valve.

2. Luis H

Luis H Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Here is a Sportways valve that has that kind of threads:
    1/2 in oRing Straight Thread Sportsways J Valve Vintage - eBay (item 360297222213 end time Sep-11-10 02:28:06 PDT)

Here is also a White Stag with the same thread:
    Vintage White Stag Valve 1/2 Straight Thread w/HP Port - eBay (item 360297222999 end time Sep-11-10 02:34:22 PDT)

Here is a Demone in nice shape. I think it is the same threads This is very rare.
    Vtg 50's Rare Demone 1/2" J Valve Straight Thread Vtg - eBay (item 130426667309 end time Sep-07-10 02:54:06 PDT)

They are all from the same seller. IMHO, his prices seem a bit high, but it is hard to compare since they are fairly rare items. They do come up on eBay evry once in a while.

Good luck

3. Scared Silly

Scared Silly Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Thanks for posting these up as I had not seen 1/2" straight threaded valves before.

4. simonbeans

simonbeans Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I have a couple of good Sportways valves. A J and a K; both are 1/2" straight O-ring valves. PM if interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Thanks, not sure how to PM you but I am really interested in the J valve. The cylinder came with an identical valve as yours. If you know how to PM me please contact me with a price.
    Thanks, ZDD

6. Luis H

Luis H Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    If you click on simonbeans avatar you will go to a page with information about him. You will see a tab that reads: “Contact & Group Info”. Just click on that tab and then click on the link that reads: "Send a Private Message to simonbeans"

7. herman

herman Divemaster

Or you can click on his name above his avatar and choose the "send private message" button.

8. simonbeans

simonbeans Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    PM sent with my email address. To access it, below your Welcome, name, upper right, you will see a blue private message link. click it.

9. ScubaBunga

ScubaBunga Nassau Grouper

I know this is a really old thread but I just came into ownership of one of these 1/2 nps valves. Does anyone know the oring size for these? Thanks in advance.

oh and are these 1/2-14 like the current are 3/4-14?

10. abnfrog

abnfrog Tech Instructor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    i had one made machined valve .JPG

Dark Wolf and Luis H like this.