$1,900 to spend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have a 0.5mm Varadero Mares suit, an X vision mask, stream dry snorkel.
Im planning on ordering the following from leisurepro.com in the next couple of weeks:

• BCD
  • Fins
  • Reg
  • Octopus
  • Computer

I really prefer Mares because there is a service center close by to where I live.

So far im thinking about Dragon AT BCD, Volo Power Fins, MR22 Abyss 05 Reg, Proton Octo and M1 computer. All Mares.

Ideally I would like to spend about $1,700 but would go up to $2,000 if need be.

My dive waters are not cold. I will be diving in the Arab Gulf (some call it the Persian Gulf) and the Arabian Sea. Coldest I will be diving in is 15C which is about 59 fahrenheit. Depths will be from 10 to 30 meters. ( I have the Padi OW and AOW Padi soon).
Also, usually I need 8kg,about 16lbs of weight. I prefer integrated weight system.

Is there anything else you guys need to know?

Thanks!

www.scubatoys.com - larry will meet or beat all leisurepro prices, and he is an authorized dealer of everything he sells (you will get a factory warranty instead of having to ship stuff back to Leisurepro for "their" warranty). I have purchased $1500 worth of equipment from him, and I have NEVER been disappointed.

Everyting you mentioned wanting to buy would be $1635.95 from scubatoys, not including shipping to the UAE.

If you are going to be ocean diving, I would recommend a storm whistle, safety sausage, and signal mirror. (another
$100 from scubatoys)

Also, a dive knife or EMT shears isn't a bad idea either.

Tell larry scubaboard sent you!

minnesota01r6:
www.scubatoys.com - larry will meet or beat all leisurepro prices, and he is an authorized dealer of everything he sells (you will get a factory warranty instead of having to ship stuff back to Leisurepro for "their" warranty). I have purchased $1500 worth of equipment from him, and I have NEVER been disappointed.

Everyting you mentioned wanting to buy would be $1635.95 from scubatoys, not including shipping to the UAE.

If you are going to be ocean diving, I would recommend a storm whistle, safety sausage, and signal mirror. (another
$100 from scubatoys)

Also, a dive knife or EMT shears isn't a bad idea either.

Tell larry scubaboard sent you!

I 2nd ScubaToys. They pricematch anything. I would also recommend carrying a whistle, smb, knife, and mirror...maybe a flashlight also.

is that a .5 or 5mm suit you have? I don't think .5 in 59F water is enough for even the most warm blooded.

tracker:
ScubaToys definately.
Signaling tube-$7.95
Storm whistle-$5.95
Signal mirror--$11.95
Not being lost at sea--Priceless!!

You might spend more on the Sausage to get a better one, and I always carry a dive light. See link in my Signature for a good discussion. :wink:

Guys, thanks for the info on scubatoys, ill shoot them an email to see how much and if they deliver to the UAE.

Damselfish, thats a .5mm not 5mm suit I have. The temps right now are in the 80's or so.

Ill also be getting a flash light,sausage, knife and safety stuff.

But what about the gear I picked? Good? No good?

For that discussion, I would post in the "equipment of scuba diving" section - or do some research, as I am sure others have asked questions about that gear. You are also likely to get a lot of people urging you to go with a hogarthian/DIR setup (backplate and wings instead of a conventional BC, primary regulator on a long hose, backup regulator hung on a necklace around your neck). You can visit the DIR and Hogarthian diving forums under "scuba diving central->technical diving specialties". Depending on the popularity of diving BP/W in your part of the world, it may be difficult to find someone to help you set it up properly and get proficient using it.

Also - I checked scubatoys' website before I posted my recommendation - they ship internationally. They may or may not accept credit cards from international banks, but I'm sure they will have some way of accepting your money.

JR

Corrupted_Diver:
Guys, thanks for the info on scubatoys, ill shoot them an email to see how much and if they deliver to the UAE.

Damselfish, thats a .5mm not 5mm suit I have. The temps right now are in the 80's or so.

Ill also be getting a flash light,sausage, knife and safety stuff.

But what about the gear I picked? Good? No good?
Ok, your first post said 59F. If it gets down to that, you'll want about a 7 mil long suit and a beanie or hood.

Additional items? Booties, Spg - just go thru their site and look at the possibilties.

Back
Top Bottom