10 bar Semi dome port for 7-14mm Pany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just back from Tulamben and check my pictures.
I use EPL-1, 10 bar Housing with semi dome port plus 2 YS-1 strobe. and lens Panny 7-14mm.
The following picture was taken during early morning diving, still dark, very minimum lighting.
jackfish_Tulamben.jpg

As can bee seen, the outer parts is very soft (this happen to all pictures) and the rflection of lens label is visible on the bottom middle of the picture - does not appear in the other pictures.

I suspect the semi dome port is the culprit (?)
Software may help but anything else to solve this problem - tahnks for any advise, comment and suggestion.

The semi dome is a bit small for 7mm, but the lens needs to be stopped down at least to the mid apertures. This will improve the corners. My guess is that this was shot fairly open. This is true for most smaller domes, not just the 10Bar.

Jack

Thanks Jack,
That's what I thought.
I have the zoom gear now, will try on my next trip end of July to stop down and let see the result. Any advise for the exrcise is welcome.
Do you think the 10bar fish eye dome port will work better ?
How about for the reflection of the lens label appear on the bottom part of few pictures ?

Maybe some electrical tape can fix that reflection in the future. I don't think I've ever seen it on any of the GF1 10Bar shots (w/ 7-14mm), but it's light enough that it probably wouldn't be noticed on most backgrounds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom