$100 Underwater Video Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Go to http://www.jvcservice.com/store/ProductDetail.asp?part=WR-DV21U

I guess they don't make this videocam anymore, that's why they are blowing the housings out. From the dimensions, it looks like there should be a bunch of cameras that fit in it. Probably have to make some modifications to fit, but even if the controls don't fit, I just turn my camcorder on, put it in the housing, get in the water, shoot continuously for an hour, and edit on the computer. Had I not had my own custom made housing, I would buy this one.

Just out of curiousity, let me know what anyone thinks.

If your camcorder's lens does not fit into that port you have no chance to use it.

Rgrds
Yener

I wouldn't waste my money. Looking at the picture, it doesn't look like there's much room for modification.

For $100 or less, you could do a DIY housing, where you toss the camera in, and record everything, then edit it later.

A motorcycle instructor told me that if I had a $10 head it was ok to use a $10 helmet. Its the same with this housing. It appears to be made for only 2 models of JVC cams. I can't see me ever using something like this. Also, there was mention of the use of only the standard, tiny, comes with the cam batteries which wouldn't last very long.
Steve:14:

Of inexpensive housings that I am aware of, Ikelight seems to be the best of that bunch, tho it is not one I would necessarily want for myself. Then again, there are a ton of housing manufacturers in Europe that I've never heard of and I bet there are some good ones there as well.
Steve:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom