109 getting a new lease on life after 30+ years dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would talk to the owner of the store. The blue poppet did not have a replaceable seat and needed to be replaced at each service. The older G250s used the same poppet. The poppet can be replaced by a new white s-wing poppet which is the same used in the S600 and others. You may need a new spring and lever (there are threads on SB) but the reg can be upgraded and is still supported.

If the tech bothered to look at the SP kit #11-254-045, he will see it is good for the Balanced Adjustable as well as the S600, S555, S550, G250, G250HP, G500, and the G200B

Here is a update kit from VDH.

I have a 109 that was upgraded a long time ago to Balanced Adjustable, so I guess that makes it a 156? Anyway, a few years ago, I took it to my LDS for service. The tech took it apart, and then told me that the poppet is no longer available, so he returned the disassembled reg in a baggie, and charged me for his time. (Grrrrrr) Can anyone tell me where I can get this reg serviced?

If you don't want to service it yourself, you can send it to Bryan at VintageDoubleHose.com and he will do it for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom