10Bar GF-1 7-14mm Port now available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let the group know that I've received my first batch of Panny 7-14mm lens ports for 10bar's GF-1 housing and they look very nice. LC took some of my suggestions and made the knobs bigger in diameter and added gearing sleeves for the focus and zoom controls. It's a nice semi dome, shorter than the 14-45 port.

Price is $345.

Jack

Attachments

• GF1-7-14.jpg
    GF1-7-14.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 122
  • GF1-7-14b.jpg
    GF1-7-14b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 127
Jack, thanks for posting this. I have bought the GF1 and 10Bar housing in March and used it in Bali afterwards at Tulamben with the 45mm Macro and 14-45 standard zoom.

Now I want to buy a wideangle and heard that the pana 8mm fisheye may be out in the next few months. I have no real clue about how to understand which dome port might actually work well with the 8mm fisheye.

Would you think that I should be able to use the fisheye in the 7-14 mm Port? The standard 14-45 dome port I guess is no option either. If not it is probably going to take even more time for 10bar to release a specific port for the fisheye.

Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated!
Thanks! Yosch

Hi;

No the 8mm FE won't work well with this port. It does work with both the 7-14 and 14-45mm however. Yes he will come out with an 8mm port, but I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks,
Jack

Thank you! Will see when 10bar comes out with a specific port for the 8mm. Thanks!

The 8mm has just been announced today, but will not ship for a while yet. So I don't think any port will be quickly forth coming.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom