1100 mAh Batteryor DC600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Headers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have found several different batteries, specifically replacements for li-40B and li-42b (olympus) that have a 1100 mAh capacity instead of the 660 offered by the sealife replacements from my dealer. #1 is either the li-40b or the li-42b an appropriate replacement for the sealife batter and #2 will the 1100 mAh battery harm the camera, will it work? A 1100 mAH batter should last at least half again as long as the 660.

I know the manual says "use only sealife batteries" blah blah blah . . . I know this is a warranty issue,. I am willing to take the risk but I can't seem to find any direct information on suitable replacements at all and my guess is that one exists. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks -Brian

I am not familiar with those batteries but I can confirm this:

In testing various batteries as replacements for our cameras, we have come across many that claim to be higher output but when we test both with a speciallized battery discharge tester and actual physical photo testing, we have found these batteries to be even below our exisitng battery standards.

My point is that the cover of the book doesn't always tell you what the read inside is like!

I can attest to this! Bought a 1000mAh battery which was clearly 'relabelled'. Turns out its a 450mAh (manuf. stamp) with a new face job.
Buyer beware <..sigh..>.

I am not familiar with those batteries but I can confirm this:

In testing various batteries as replacements for our cameras, we have come across many that claim to be higher output but when we test both with a speciallized battery discharge tester and actual physical photo testing, we have found these batteries to be even below our exisitng battery standards.

My point is that the cover of the book doesn't always tell you what the read inside is like!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom