12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got it. It allowed me to read it after I 'went back to the link' a second time. Thanks!

It is unlikely the boys will carry their own 12-litre oxygen tanks – they are more likely to be provided the oxygen from a navy diver’s supply. In addition to this primary supply, fully filled “stage tanks” are also in place every 25 to 50 metres along the route, allowing the boys quick access to oxygen if their stocks are running low.

As an aside to the actual rescue, which I fervently hope for all concerned works 100%, I wonder when reporters in this and other non this rescue related artcle will stop using the word 'oxygen' and call it by its correct name, i.e. AIR.

As an aside to the actual rescue, which I fervently hope for all concerned works 100%, I wonder when reporters in this and other non this rescue related artcle will stop using the word 'oxygen' and call it by its correct name, i.e. AIR.
Oxygen is one of the gases in a tank of air.
Most people will say on land we breathe oxygen, they aren't going to change that for a tank.

Oxygen is one of the gases in a tank of air.
Most people will say on land we breathe oxygen, they aren't going to change that for a tank.
I suspect most people would say we breathe air. Fish don't really breathe, yet extract oxygen from water and some would say they "breathe water" as we "breathe air."

Semantics aside, most folks won't care which it is. Only the people breathing the gas really need to know and will care.

It does seem like they are sticking with the dive them out plan.

Our local dive shop owner gave an interview where he praised that as the best option, and while I only skimmed the article, made it sound like it wouldn't be difficult, just like a Discover Scuba. I wonder if he cave dives.

Back
Top Bottom