13kg wing enough lift???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If diving off smaller boats some operators will ask you to shed the kit to hand it off to them before getting back on board. Also you shed gear when diving off kayaks and inflatables.
More of a warm water experience, not many cold water divers will dive that way but if he did that 30lb wing will work fine.

More of a warm water experience, not many cold water divers will dive that way but if he did that 30lb wing will work fine.

My only cold water experience is diving lakes and quarries in Pennsylvania, so I am not an expert. However I watched a documentary where people were diving in South Africa off RIBs and they handed off the gear before getting back on board. So I guess it depends more on the type of boat used than the water temperature.

My only cold water experience is diving lakes and quarries in Pennsylvania, so I am not an expert. However I watched a documentary where people were diving in South Africa off RIBs and they handed off the gear before getting back on board. So I guess it depends more on the type of boat used than the water temperature.
True enough, every dive type can call for different equipment, it seems most of the people I know who dive from inflatables or kayaks have embraced side mount so it’s easierto clip off the tanks before climbing back on the boat, my experience with small board diving is in the tropics where I use completely different gear than the local stuff.

Roatan, Honduras.

I forget if it was this or one of their (slightly) smaller ones that we handed the gear in:
moya-large.jpg

The ladder's on the side, it's not that wide or solid, and I don't think the boat itself is as stable as you'd like it to be for the exercise.

The ladder's on the side, it's not that wide or solid, and I don't think the boat itself is as stable as you'd like it to be for the exercise.

It may be for safety or to prevent damage to the boat or more likely both reasons.

True enough, every dive type can call for different equipment, it seems most of the people I know who dive from inflatables or kayaks have embraced side mount so it’s easier to clip off the tanks before climbing back on the boat, my experience with small board diving is in the tropics where I use completely different gear than the local stuff.

I was going towards the sidemount route also but then I moved from Miami. I tried an old school horse collar but didn't like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom