14 Day Quarantine on return to USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So every American i spoke to who was on a trip to Cozumel seemed to be oblivious that they are required to Quarantine for 14 days in their homes when they returned to the US.

just wanted to get opinions on this. Is it not common knowledge?

So every American i spoke to who was on a trip to Cozumel seemed to be oblivious that the are required to Quarantine for 14 days in their homes when they returned to the US.

just wanted to get opinions on this. Is it not common knowledge?
It is a CDC recommendation, not requirement, to self-quarantine. Some state and local governments may have additional requirements.

To my knowledge no one is actually enforcing any quarantine, at least not government. I do know a few companies that require it for their employees our company included, least in the beginning. Now that it is wide spread they do not require it for travel in the US. Has not been tested yet for out of the country. I do know 2 employees that were tested before returning to work after exposure without ppe.

To my knowledge no one is actually enforcing and quarantine, at least not government. I do know a few companies that enforce that for their employees our company included, least in the beginning. Now that it is wide spread they do not require it for travel in the US. Has not been tested yet for out of the country. I do know 2 employees that were tested before returning to work after exposure without ppe.

Hawaii is enforcing a 14 day quarantine. Multiple arrests have been made

Hawaii is enforcing a 14 day quarantine. Multiple arrests have been made
Hawaii’s numbers were impressive until recently. The newest data looks worrisome. I hope you guys are able to get it back under control.

Let me guess, 14 days in jail for violating the quarantine?

Where I work it is yet another layer. If you get tested for any reason you are banned from the office until you get a negative result. So if there is a free test and want to take it, even with no symptoms or exposure risk, I am banned from the office until the results come back. Since most doctor's offices are now doing a mandatory test to get in and be seen, any doctor visit results in a couple days of sitting around the house per company policy. Just had a co-worker get an ear infection. Doctor did the test and he was out for most of a week.

What sucks is we had this go through the office the first of the year. We have a ton of Asian visitors when things are normal. Everyone knew there was a bad bug going around the office. Just about everybody had it and cleared the office by the end of February. No we are super isolated after the contamination has already occurred.

It's mother nature, it IS going to win in the end. When you see waves coming, don't hide in a sand castle, grab a board and go ride the waves.

Those I have talked to here in Florida get a daily phone call from the health department. We're not putting cameras in your home like the commies.

As for Florida cases, hospitalizations and deaths are flat last I checked a couple days ago (virus could be mutating to being less virulent). Testing has increased by three times. Before they were only testing 65 and up symptomatic, now they are testing anyone and the median age has dropped to 37 and keeps going lower. We are finding the asymptomatic case which is a good thing, despite being reported as bad. I recently saw epidemiologists are estimating a .2% infection fatality rate. Which as many of you likely already know, that's pretty small compared to what we were told early on. For a little perspective, I live in the most densely populated county. We have 1 million people, 3,000 confirmed cases since the beginning, most of which have already recovered. 113 deaths, most from nursing homes. I was at the covid beach today. I'll be out diving tomorrow. :wink:

Those I have talked to here in Florida get a daily phone call from the health department. We're not putting cameras in your home like the commies.
Do they call people returning from travel?

I believe the Health Department here only checks on individuals that test positive. We don’t even report negative tests even when symptomatic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom