15 year old who desperately wants to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Teaching an adaptive diver without special training and certification to do so is like an instructor who is not specifically trained to teach cave diving teaching cave diving. You don't know what you don't know.
2. The Handicapped SCUBA Association International (HSA) (located in 45 countries) is the original adaptive SCUBA certification organization that was formed with the assistance of NAUI and PADI specifically to certify adaptive divers and instructors and dive budies.
3. I am an HSA instructor, one of many in the Southern California area, and I have trained paraplegics, quadriplegics, double above the knee amputee and blind students. I am in the Long Beach CA are. My current class is 3 quadriplegics a paraplegic and 4 traumatic brain injured/PTSD veterans. Please feel free to contact me off line.

---------- Post added April 13th, 2012 at 07:03 PM ----------

1) weight belt removal and replacement
Challenging yes, but this can be solved.
2) removing and replacing tank underwater -
why would you want to do this? NAUI and HSA no longer do this skill.
3) Alternate air source ascent. (can't)
- OK, I assume you are talking about an air2. Move it to the other side (right side) or don't use an air2. If you are talking about something else octopus for example we will work it out.
I know there are restricted certifications,
- HSA certifies at 3 levels of certificaiton depending on demonstrated abilities. Levels A and B are esentially unrestricted, level C requires a specially trained dive buddy as they must do things for the diver like clear the divers mask, ears, control buoyancy etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom