15L 232bar tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Can you please help me with the characteristics of the 15L Mares tank ( Mares - stand for diving )?

On the site just a rounded weight (18kg?) is posted.

I would like to find out:
- empty weight
- buoyancy when full
- buoyancy when empty
- diameter
- height
- real manufacturer

I want to buy a tank, and it seems this is the only option that I might have available, just that the local vendor cannot tell me these informations. The Mares site lists no contact means, so this is my last hope.

Kim

I have found that thread already, but it is from 2002. There are good chances the info is outdated. I reall hope the Mares tanks are not that bad in 2008 as they were described in that post from 2002.

I should imagine it's the same tank. I have a 14ltr Mares steel tank. I can't check it now, and it might be different as I'm in Japan - but I love it! :wink:

Hello,

Can you please help me with the characteristics of the 15L Mares tank ( Mares - stand for diving )?

On the site just a rounded weight (18kg?) is posted.

I would like to find out:
- empty weight
- buoyancy when full
- buoyancy when empty
- diameter
- height
- real manufacturer

I want to buy a tank, and it seems this is the only option that I might have available, just that the local vendor cannot tell me these informations. The Mares site lists no contact means, so this is my last hope.

Here are the specs you are looking for.

Regards

Phil

empty weight: (Kg 16,2 wo/double connection valve; 18,0 w/double connection valve)
- buoyancy when full: NO buoyancy
- buoyancy when empty: NO buoyancy
- diameter: 65cm
- height: 70cm (including valve)

Thanks Phil.

Please clarify a few things:

When you say "NO buoyancy" I guess you mean it is negative buoyant by some unknown value. It could not be neutral both empty and full (there should be a ~ -4kg change in buoyancy just by adding air to it).

As for diameter, I think 65 is the circumference, which would give a diameter of 65/PI=20.7, which makes sense.

Anyway, I am happy to hear the tank has the usual weight of 16kg, not the huge ~21kg somebody was talking in that 2002 thread.

My tank arrived. It is a Faber-made Mares, with the following specifications:

- capacity: 15L
- max allowable pressure: 232bar
- minimum thickness: 5.3mm
- diameter: 203mm
- length: 620mm
- weight: 18.3kg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom