15th Anniversary of Spiegel Grove Sinking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
HODM.jpg

has it been that long?...i have one of the original medallions..

I expect to dive that in April, I hope.

I'll never forget the total disbelief when hearing the next morning after Hurricane Dennis that the 510ft long ship had been flipped upright to a near vertical standing position. In diver's eye's, truly one of nature's miracles !!

I'll never forget the total disbelief when hearing the next morning after Hurricane Dennis that the 510ft long ship had been flipped upright to a near vertical standing position. In diver's eye's, truly one of nature's miracles !!
I did 2 dives on the Spiegel Grove in 2004 and 3 more in 2005 while she was still on her starboard side. I went on to do 19 more dives after Hurricane Dennis uprighted her in 2005. This sure was a lucky turn of events for Key Largo.

I haven't dived the Spiegel Grove, Duane, or Bibb since 2015, I really need to get back down one of these days :)

Sounds like a great talk! Hopefully the presentation can be recorded or streamed for those land locked divers with the Spiegel on the To do list.

I'm glad we dove the Spiegel three times. It is an impressive, interesting, and little challenge dive.

Talk was 5 years ago. Coming up on the 20th anniversary this year.
20 year medallion ?? I still have one of the original 'required' medals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom