Question 16 Nights - How long in Tikehau, Rangiroa, & Fakahava

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@DvrRick

Looks like a solid plan... We really enjoyed Tikehau (and we're looking forward to hearing how the renovations to the Pearl resort end up). Tekihau is the more interesting island of the three, however not nearly as many sharks or other pelagics, although mantas basically every day (if you go to the cleaning station).

One thing to consider (although it looks like you're schedule is already full):
The dive at White Valley on Tahiti is an interesting dive. They usually do it as a "shark feed" (which I'm not a huge fan of) - the tiger sharks they get there are beefy, and are there quite often. The lemons and grey reefies make for a good backdrop :wink:
The Tahiti dive sounds like it would have been great (although not a fan of feeding either). We changed a few things and will now be doing:
3 dive days Tikehau
4 dive days Rangiroa
5.5 dive days Fakarava N & S

We were told to extend Fakarava to make sure we got to both sides of the diving and sacrificed a bit in Tikehau. Due to no Friday flights we had to lose 2 days rather than 1 there.

We are considering dive shops now and could use advice. We can use Raye Manta Diving on both Tikehau and Rangiroa, or just on Tikehau. Then use Top Dive on Rangiroa and Fakarava N and S. Any suggestions on which shop is better? Both have multi-dive packages although it looks like Raye Manta comes out less expensive.

I've used Raie Manta on all my prior trips to Rangiroa and will be using them again in December.

In North Fakarava, I've always used Kaina Plongée, formerly Fakarava Dving Center.

And in South Fakarava, I've always gone with the dive operation at Tetamanu.

I'm not saying that the above are better than others - just that they have, for the most part, served me well and have not given me reason to switch.

I've used Raie Manta on all my prior trips to Rangiroa and will be using them again in December.

In North Fakarava, I've always used Kaina Plongée, formerly Fakarava Dving Center.

And in South Fakarava, I've always gone with the dive operation at Tetamanu.

I'm not saying that the above are better than others - just that they have, for the most part, served me well and have not given me reason to switch.
Good to know. That helps my decision. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom