1960 DA Aquamaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received 2 1958 (according to the serial number) DA Aqua Lung Coustea Gagnan regulators from an old diver in my neighborhood. I will try to post some pictures at some point.

Pictures of above Regulators DA Aqua lung (1958) as stated above.
GOPR0022.jpg

Those appear to be shiny chrome, if so, that would place them between 1964 and 66. Shiny chrome was introduced in 64 and in 66 they chanced the yoke screw to the tire looking one.

Ok, thanks for the information. I am going to bring them to my LDS, to get more info. on them, and see what my options for them are.

Ok, thanks for the information. I am going to bring them to my LDS, to get more info. on them, and see what my options for them are.

You would be better off sending them to Bryan at VDH.

Agreed, your LDS will have no clue what to do with them...and I would be a little concerned if they claimed to, there are not many people in LDSs today that understand the old regs. Bryan is the only one that I know of who I would trust to restore them who does it professionally, most of us DIY. For more of a history, go here US Divers Company

If you want to learn about the old regs and diving them, a bunch of us are diving Alexander and Blue Springs this weekend, come join us. Check here for more info Vintage Double Hose A lot of very active DH divers will be there with all sorts of restored regs. Shoot me a PM if you have questions.

To repeat, do not take them to the local diver retail store. They will not know anything about them or have any idea where to obtain parts. They may refuse it anyway at best and ruin it at worst.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom