1970's ScubaPro "SOS" Depth Gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boyoconnor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm a relative newbie here but I didn't see a Vintage Classifieds section so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

Looks like I've got a 1970's vintage ScubaPro SOS Depth Gauge that I'd like to help find a good home. It looks nearly identical to the one on this site (http : //www.vintagescubasupply.com/accsview.html) with the notes that say its helium filled with a 500 foot depth limit. Front says "SOS PATENT (S) MADE IN ITALY"

The condition is pretty good for 30+ years old, I certainly never thought it was that old when I got it. It still works great - I recently dove this down to about 60 feet and the readings were accurate compared to a modern computer, within a couple feet.

The rubber back shows very little wear, the chrome bezel shows some surface scratches and has one medium sized spot and a few small spots where the chrome has flaked off. The glass has just minor small scratches from normal wear and tear. It has serial #3775 hand etched onto the wrist strap holder. There is no wrist strap.

Let me know if anyone can give this a good home for a very reasonable price and I'll send detailed pics upon request. Thanks!

- Dack

Does anyone know anything about this decompression computer? It was made by the same company but not for Scubapro.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 147
It's a DCK, baby brother to the Bend O Matic works on the same
principle, but utilises a coil spring, as opposed to a Bourdon tube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom