1992 US Divers Micra and Sea2--replace or keep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want metal, the 109 is hard to beat. I don't see the need to upgrade it to balanced if you are using it behind a balanced first stage, like the AL you have. You are adding complexity to the reg and buying little since you are behind a balanced first.

Thanks ... you probably know this link, but I found this helpful to understand the different Scubapro second stages:

Second Stage

Looks as if a D400, 190 (balanced adjustable or not), G250 or (v) are all good choices.

A Conshelf is not out of the question either!

If you want metal, the 109 is hard to beat. I don't see the need to upgrade it to balanced if you are using it behind a balanced first stage, like the AL you have. You are adding complexity to the reg and buying little since you are behind a balanced first.

I have several, some are balanced, some not. They both breathe fine, but I find that the balanced ones I can tune a little more aggressively and they hold the tune better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom