1st day of open water check out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just saw that at my local "Borders" is that a good/helpful book Don? (I set it down and opted for "Last Dive"...I'm freaking myself out reading all the diving "horror" stories! Deep Descent, Shadow Divers....I WON'T go see Open Water, though until I'm done with my cert dives! hahaha!!!)

DandyDon:
And order a copy of "Certified Divers Handbook," by Clay Coleman. A great help for a new diver. $16 at Amazon, I think. :profile:

Buoyant1:
I just saw that at my local "Borders" is that a good/helpful book Don? (I set it down and opted for "Last Dive"...I'm freaking myself out reading all the diving "horror" stories! Deep Descent, Shadow Divers....I WON'T go see Open Water, though until I'm done with my cert dives! hahaha!!!)
I'll say. Your Dive Info doesn't say how experienced your are (I gotta' talk with Tech Admin about his registration instructions? :confused: ), but I bought it when I had about 200 dives to show to newbies, yet - was impressed with how much I learned. I'd suggest it to anyone with less than 500 dives, anyway.

Reading Accident Reports on SB and in DAN's site is helpful, but I shyed away from those books until I had some pretty good dive legs. I don't think they're healthy for newbies. :icon10:

Updated...OW certification is this weekend (Bainbridge, PA)

Soon, soon, soon!

I'll have to go grab that book, before some other newbie get's it before me!

Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom