1st post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In2theabyss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks for allowing me to be in the group! Been diving off and on since 1984 and am trying to be more consistant in dives now. Got Advanced a number of years ago and am now working towards my PADI Master Diver. Probably my biggest issue is bouyancy and getting it nailed down. Wrecks are my fav dives and I hit as many as I can but anytime I am underwater is a good thing....

Welcome from the Great Lakes! We’ve got some of the best shipwreck diving in the world here in our freshwater Inland Seas. The wrecks actually look like wrecks!

Welcome from the Great Lakes! We’ve got some of the best shipwreck diving in the world here in our freshwater Inland Seas. The wrecks actually look like wrecks!
Thanks!!! And I am sure the water is nice and cool too lol

I've been to the U-352; Trip Report - Morehead City, NC August 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...us-dive-center-aug-9-13-2015-trip-report.html

I don't know whether you've dove North Carolina's off-shore wrecks before. In case you haven't, for off-shore North Carolina diving, generalizing off-the-top-of-my-head from that trip...about 1 1/2 hours from dock to 1st dive site, wreck diving not reef, flat sandy bottom might be 110 feet deep, the popular 'house mix' of nitrox was EAN 30%, and with Olympus Dive Center I rented a pair of steel 120-cf tanks, dives can be somewhat 'square profile' and tended to run around 35 minutes or so including safety stop, and were NDL-limited rather than gas-limited for me.

Good diving. Didn't see sand tiger sharks on the U-352, but saw when on the Caribbsea and inside the Aeolus (in the 'shark room' that's got a wall open to the outside). Inshore wrecks were faster to get to, shallower, cooler and lower viz., and I didn't see sharks on them, but they were still good (and longer!) dives.

Richard.

howdy and welcome from your southeast florida neighbor....

Hi! How’s the diving around Melbourne Beach? I live in California but my boyfriend is from Melbourne and we go out there to visit his parents every once in a while—now that I’m certified I want to get my first warm water dives in next time we’re there!

I've been to the U-352; Trip Report - Morehead City, NC August 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...us-dive-center-aug-9-13-2015-trip-report.html

I don't know whether you've dove North Carolina's off-shore wrecks before. In case you haven't, for off-shore North Carolina diving, generalizing off-the-top-of-my-head from that trip...about 1 1/2 hours from dock to 1st dive site, wreck diving not reef, flat sandy bottom might be 110 feet deep, the popular 'house mix' of nitrox was EAN 30%, and with Olympus Dive Center I rented a pair of steel 120-cf tanks, dives can be somewhat 'square profile' and tended to run around 35 minutes or so including safety stop, and were NDL-limited rather than gas-limited for me.

Good diving. Didn't see sand tiger sharks on the U-352, but saw when on the Caribbsea and inside the Aeolus (in the 'shark room' that's got a wall open to the outside). Inshore wrecks were faster to get to, shallower, cooler and lower viz., and I didn't see sharks on them, but they were still good (and longer!) dives.

Richard.

I am looking forward to it....if I can get another day off work then we may try to dive some of the wreck closer to shore. That whole area offers plenty of wrecks that is for sure. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom