1st stage for a Full Face Mask????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeCountyDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the reason people want super high flow 1st stages when using a FFM??? Why couldn't you use a normal reg like a Scubapro or the Atomic series???

I dont think anyone likes our question BabyBird...

I have never used an FFM so this is a mixture of guesswork and what I've read, and could be completely wrong...

I don't think you have to use a super high flow reg - I've seen masks that advertise compatibility with 'quality standard regs'

But I guess that the high volume of the mask (potentially 1 litre or more), plus the fact that some masks can be used with 2 second stages simaltaneously, and maybe some issues to do with breathing through your nose rather than your mouth and/or clearing of the mask if it floods may be the reason why super high flow regs are recommended or preferred in some cases

I'd be interested to hear the 'official' answer - maybe you could try the commercial forum

I have a loved one diving an old AGA Interspiro FFM which came with it's own 2'nd stage; she used the 1'rst stage off her old XScuba SeaAir Tri-metal regulator, of memory serves. Appears to work fine.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom