1st stage identity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most likely Mk20. I don't remember seeing a swivel cap on the early Mk25s; I had a set of the early Mk25s and they didn't have the swivel cap. None of the Mk25 schematics show the swivel cap.
I bought 2 MK25s in early 2002. The top cap looked very similar/identical to the photographs. There were no swivel caps on my regulators either.

@shurite7 & @scubadada

Are you guys sure about the model? I've just looked through well over a dozen MK25 diagrams and every one had a swivel cap.

I'd like to have a set of diagrams for the MK25 models with no swivel please.

@shurite7 & @scubadada

Are you guys sure about the model? I've just looked through well over a dozen MK25 diagrams and every one had a swivel cap.

I'd like to have a set of diagrams for the MK25 models with no swivel please.

There are three schematics on page one of this section and they don't show the black swivel cap. The Mk20 schematics show the black swivel caps.

I started thinking about your post and realized there may a little confusion regarding terms. The swivel is the metal part at the end, the cap is the black cover over the swivel. I called the black plastic piece a swivel cap; in the schematics it is called a cap and the metal part is referred to as a swivel.

The answer lies in what is under the plastic of the turret guard.

the MK-20 has a "full sized" turret:

IMG_20200326_140650.jpg

The MK-25 has the one shown in the images @couv provided, with a smaller "head"...

At least it has been like that for every one I have come across.

Now, that could be a MK-20 converted to a MK-25 (adjustable seat carrier being the upgrade).

YMMV

FWIW, I have the plastic guard on two other of my MK-20 firsts. The larger turret doesn't preclude them.

Again, YMMV

OK I see it's the terminology we are using. Yes, the "cap" screws onto the body. The swivel is attached to the cap via a turret retainer. I thought you guys were saying there was no swivel on some MK25s But you were referring to the protective cap that goes over some of the swivels.

It is only day four..... this isn't going to end well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom