1st two checkout dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have now joined the dark side. From which you may never come back if you are lucky.

Good diving.

I can't even begin to imagine diving in such cold water. My first two dives were at a freshwater spring at 66 degrees (I think). We were complaining about the cold then. Yesterday I did two more dives in the Gulf (of Mexico) yesterday and the temp was 69-70. My instructor was complaining about the cold water. Definitely spoiled here.

I hope you get to experience warm water diving soon. I'll pass on the cold water diving. Brrrrr.

Having top training IS essential, so is having good gear. Quality gear+quality training+quality student= Quality diver. Get the best gear you can afford and DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!!! I started out with some great gear, it was a hell of an investment BUT that only made me more dedicated to the Addiction. Failure in any form WAS NOT AN OPTION. Yup, I'm stubborn like that! Get what you can, and if you're in Falmoth, Mass., I agree with Pete, hit the ocean. Maybe we can link up at some point eh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom