2/3 dives per day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing wrong with 2-3 dives per day, using computer or tables.
I like to use Nitrox, even for not deep dives in this case.
I feel much better after Nitrox dives.
My next trip assume 5 dives per day and 130ft the first. Here I little bit worry, even with Nitrox :)

I doubt you will find much 28% Nitrox for the 130' dive.
The calculated MOD is 132' (assuming ppO2 of 1.4), but 28% would not be commonly found. I would dive air
on that one and not a AL 80.

I wouldn't worry about 2-3 dives a day. I've done as many as 7 in a day. When I was in the Philippines last year we did four a day and many of them were over 2 hours long.

Not sure where these dives are or at what depth, but I find that diving relatively shallow (say 40-50 ft) warm waters is not near as tiring as diving deeper and colder water. You may get tired from all that diving, so get ample sleep at night.

If doing a lot of diving for several days best to use the same computer for all the dives and not just pick up new rental equipment each day.

I checked two of our local shops and Nitrox card was $120 at one shop (SDI) and $80 plus materials at another (PADI). $250 each is a lot. For $500 you could have two people do the SDI on line and then fly an instructor to your location for the direct session and gas analysis. :)

My coastal LDS offers the course for $100 with materials and $160 if you include two optional dives. The extra $60 covers the cost of the dives.

A couple of points, NAUI (if available near you) does require 2 dives to complete their EANx course so perhaps that would be a bit more ok with you. My wife did NAUI and I did PADI. To me the PADI course was a joke, the fact you don't even get the 32/36 EANx dive tables seems cheap to me. My expereince with the PADI nitrox course left me wanting, I have since read my wife's NAUI books and read online to complete what I thought was lacking background knowledge. PADI will tell you what to put into your dive computer, what to read on your dive computer, and the consequences of not doing so. It was very light on the details, imho. That being said EANx is awesome, I too feel better post dive vs air (until the first beer then its lights out). My wife and I are doing a 4 tank dive to Channel Islands off California this weekend and plan on using EANx the entire day.

ok, so we thought the $240 or whatever was the PADI cost no matter where you took the class - we were told to do the reading and I guess a test on line and then go into the dive shop for that portion of the class - our understanding was that the class price was the class price and you paid PADI and then they paid the dive shop for their portion of the class....maybe we misunderstood

I doubt you will find much 28% Nitrox for the 130' dive.
The calculated MOD is 132' (assuming ppO2 of 1.4), but 28% would not be commonly found. I would dive air
on that one and not a AL 80.
I like ppO2 1.4, but can life with 1.5
In local shop I just asked to make it less than 30% and mentioned that it is not so important if it will be 29 or 27.
Today I checked and it was 37% !!!! So he will refill, good that I have spear day....
And I use HP120 for this dive with 30cf pony (for emergency only).

I like ppO2 1.4, but can life with 1.5
In local shop I just asked to make it less than 30% and mentioned that it is not so important if it will be 29 or 27.
Today I checked and it was 37% !!!! So he will refill, good that I have spear day....
And I use HP120 for this dive with 30cf pony (for emergency only).

Good that you checked the N% before the trip..

I wouldn't worry about 2-3 dives a day. I've done as many as 7 in a day. When I was in the Philippines last year we did four a day and many of them were over 2 hours long.

Not sure where these dives are or at what depth, but I find that diving relatively shallow (say 40-50 ft) warm waters is not near as tiring as diving deeper and colder water. You may get tired from all that diving, so get ample sleep at night.

{snif}{snif}
I wish those dives were two hours... mine were only 40-45 minutes (some only 35 at 30m) and that was stretching my gas because I was doing my stop below the banca...

But I have to agree, some folks want to dive 4-5 times a day and then sit up and drink cheap beer until past midnight... that's a bad prescription in my book, but they are big kids...

Personal best with only 30 dives to my name - 6 in one day at Anilao in the Philippines (morning shore dive, morning 2 tank boat dive, afternoon 2 tank boat, night dive)... and we were tuckered out when we got back at 8pm... but I'd do it all again, then again, they weren't two hour dives.

Just checked the PADI site for their online courses - the Enriched air course is $220 each - haven't checked any other dive shops, may have to call around...so maybe a bit cheaper if we just do the course at the dive shop and don't do the PADI on-line part - even if we do the PADI course?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom