2/3 dives per day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good that you checked the N% before the trip..
If I will not, it might be that police and DAN will check it after and probably will even punish local dive shop, but I will don't know a result.... :-(

Another thing to consider, especially if you will be in tropical region, is hydration. Some claim dehydration increases the chance of getting bent. Others will say it has no effect. But, I have yet to hear anybody say proper hydration will increase your chances of getting bent. So, I say what the heck take few more trips to bathroom.

The other point about dehydration is we know it can lead to muscle cramps. Those are never fun but it can really bump up your task load if you are underwater.

if someone is going to get bent on a liveaboard trip, it's most likely to happen on the first day or two of the trip -- the mechanism behind this is not understood.

I think it's a variant of Murphey's law; Finagle's law. Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment.

My local LDS charges $ 250.00. Dive optional?

Since I am planning a dive trip to CoCo View in Roatan theirs is $ 125.00 with one supervised dive.

No brainer to me. I will just do it there and from what all I have read CoCo View has excellent instructors.

Of course, I am reading everything I can concerning Nitrox% usages prior to ever using it. Even have an Excel file for calculating MOD. I will always weight my options before just using Nitrox over Air.

A couple of points, NAUI (if available near you) does require 2 dives to complete their EANx course so perhaps that would be a bit more ok with you.
NAUI also has a nitrox class that doesn't require any dives. Mine did not. Mine was book study, lecture, hands on (analyze tanks, fill station logging, mark tanks etc) and a multiple choice test.. I think it was 50 questions.

My local LDS charges $ 250.00. Dive optional?

Since I am planning a dive trip to CoCo View in Roatan theirs is $ 125.00 with one supervised dive.

No brainer to me. I will just do it there and from what all I have read CoCo View has excellent instructors.

Of course, I am reading everything I can concerning Nitrox% usages prior to ever using it. Even have an Excel file for calculating MOD. I will always weight my options before just using Nitrox over Air.

The Coco View dive staff is excellent!

Thanks DeputyDan. It seems to be a large number of divers agree with you. It will be our first trip there after Christmas and into January. Hopefully for 2 weeks. I am going to try to get tired of diving.. :D

So, found a Nitrox course on line that is $90 per person complete:
Online Nitrox Certification - Scuba
certification is from SDA - is this reputable and will dive shops recognize this and let you rent Nitrox tanks with their certification card?
Years ago I worked at a photo lab and at the time Kodak was considered "the great yellow god" - you could use other film and some of it was just fine, but some people still looked at you funny if you weren't using Kodak - seems like maybe PADI is kinda that way with Scuba diving - it's considered the one you should use...

It's not the diving... It's humping the gear that wears me out...:shakehead:

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom