2.5" Spg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

potablewater

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased two brass spg's through Dive Sports Inc., and they look great.
My question is (as i'm new at this), what is the little spindle with two tiny o rings included with each unit for?
As there are no directions, and the XS site does not mention this, what's it for?
It does not just fit into the spg and the hose, but it may if i force it....so i you ask first.
Any help will be appreciated, as i want to pressure these gauges up.
Thanks,
potablewater

It does not just fit into the spg and the hose, but it may if i force it

Thats where it goes.

Its made so that it doesn't leak gas at the connection of spg and hose.

It's called a spool, and it goes between the SPG and HP hose. It needs to be a relatively tight fit since it's holding in up to 3500 PSI, but you shouldn't have to "force" it in. Try lubricating the o-rings SLIGHTLY with some lube. O2 safe lube if you plan on using it for Nitrox, and it should slide in.

Thanks for the fast reply, but which way?
The two ends are slightly different, do i force it into the spg, or the HP hose (not sure
i can). Anyway, what is the method, and which way. I don't want to break anything by forcing it. I need guidance here...
Thanks all,
potablewater

Ok, maybe i'm wrong about it being different, it is the same on each side of the little permanent washer like thing.
But still, do i just push it into the spg?

Push the connector into the spg and attach the hp hose. It will feel quite loose,
you will think this can't be right, add some gas and it will tighten right up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom