2 Large suit and wrist seals leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iceland in a Dry

Registered
Reaction score
wondering i just bought a used drysuit gear that would normali cost hmm lets say 4+k i payd 550 for all the stuff.what i got was 2 lungs 1 spare,brand is spyro and sheerwood blizzard,236 bar steel tank,diving computer,bc west,mask,snorkel,knife,light. Dui cf200x with dui undergarments but bouth the wrist seals leak and no tear that i can see,but they are also rly tight.2nd the suid is a bit big prolly for a person
that are about 180+.im about 169-170 and the suit seams to kramp on my torso will this
be a problem?:shakehead:

excuse my spelling :s

a bit above the bone.also seem to need more weight since i still float with bouth the suit and bcw completely empty.other than that every thing else works great

Are you sure the dry suit is empty? Have you taken the drysuit course? The CF200 is far less buoyant than most wetsuits rated for cold water diving. Are you purging the air out of the suit after you don it?

It doesn't make sense that the wrist seals are really tight, but are leaking, unless you have prominent wrist tendons. Have you dived a dry suit before? If not, you may not know that people with slender wrists and prominent tendons will always have some leak at the wrists, unless they use dry gloves.

A slightly large suit, if the seals fit and the boots fit, is usually not a big problem. A small suit can be a BIG problem.

The DUI compressed neo suit will be more buoyant than a laminate suit of the same size, but most of the buoyancy of a dry suit comes from what you put underneath it for insulation, and how much air you decide to run in the suit.

You say the suit is "cramping" on your torso -- Are you talking about squeeze? If you don't put enough gas in the suit on descent, it will become quite uncomfortable.

If you haven't dived a dry suit before, you might want to sign up for a class and get some guidance on the fit and the use of the suit, or at least find someone who is used to dry suits and get some input.

if only tryed it 1ns with the tank and every thing on,the air valve was set to release all the air out witch it did then i rly slowly emptyed the west.bouth got completely empty.but still i didn sink.thats why i wanted to test it with every thing on.sems like il ned more lead.il take the padi open water source in this summer.the under garment are from dui also.they hawe some nylon streach inteanded to put in your hands when you dress into the souit am i suposed to take them of when im finished dressing into the suit?.becouse it looks to me that myght be the reason.ive not experienced any leaks on the neck whter im snorkeling witch is the only thing im doing until i get the liecense.
well the man man that used to hawe the suit is 183cm aprox,im 169-172cm aprox.
since im not able to test it proberly since it wount sink i cant see if it will hurt me.
and trust me im dont hawe slender wrist.they are about 17,5cm in diameter..

again thx for the responde's
and exuse my spenglish:D

ps also the boots are a bit big.i am goin to try trade it to my diving teacher.that will be guiding me in this summer.hopefully il get the most expencive suit awailable her on the marked since its still more that 50% cheaper than this dui cf200x witch is rly weird since every thing is 100% more expensive here in iceland than in the usa or,well just everywhere else.......

The stretchy thumb loop in the underwear is there only to keep the sleeve from bunching up when putting the drysuit over it. Tuck the loop back under the seal. It should not be exposed to water or touching the seal.

Make sure that the wrist seals are nearer to your forearm than to your wrist or hand. The closer the seal is to your hand, the more likely it is to leak.

How much larger are the boots? Sometimes wearing two pairs of socks is the only way to keep your feet warm. If they are just a size or two larger, then another pair of socks might help.

bingo.thats prolly why the seals where leaking,will test when there isin't any wind or waves.il also try using a wool sock's i dosen't say how big the boots are.
thank u sir.

dry noob out.:D

Okay, everything makes much better sense now!

Don't trade the suit away until you have your instructor take a look at it. Boots can be replaced at a reasonable cost, and a CF200 is a very nice suit. (Also realize that you will want to wear very thick or multiple layers of socks under the boots, so they shouldn't fit like regular shoes at all.)

Wrist and neck seals need to be very snug to work properly, but can't be too tight, and knowing exactly how they should feel takes experience. This is again someplace where your OW instructor can help you. If you know where you're going to be taking your class, why don't you give them a call and ask if you can have a pre-class meeting with the instructor to go over the suit and see if it works for you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom