2-tank night dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justwannadivenow3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I absolutely love love love night dives. I'd rather to multiple night dives then the standard 2-3 day dives and 1 night dive.

Is there anywhere that has a large focus on night dives? I can't think of any option to 2-tank night dives other then a shore diving or house resort location.

Thoughts?

I know Scuba Club Cozumel offers a 2 tank "twilight" trip. 1st dive starts at dusk, followed by a true night dive. Requires a minimum number of divers to sign up. After you rush back for a late dinner you can then shore dive in the dark too.

I've seen something similar else maybe once, a twilight/night combo but can't recall where at the moment. It seems likely anything like that would be a once a week thing at most, not nightly, and the shore/resort option is your best bet. (Are you not interested in the shore option, in need of a buddy, or ? - a dive resort with a good house reef seems the ideal way to do this, and you might be able to find a buddy at the right place. Maybe someplace like Cocoview which has a fair amount of variety in what you can hit from the resort.)

Many liveaboards will give you the option of a night dive every night, but generally not 2 unless maybe you can find one that spends the night in diveable spots and has a "pools always open" routine.

CocoView shore diving is great, and you can dive anytime you want. You could easily do 2-3 night dives, if you want to stay up that late. Someone told me the early morning pre-dawn dives are really good.

Check out black water diving at NAD Lembeh Indonesia. I believe they do this for some weeks of the year only. As I recall two day dives and two night dives but as I was not actually doing it I am not sure. There were a couple of guests that were doing it - they got up very late and did not get back until late evening.

CocoView shore diving is great, and you can dive anytime you want.

On a wreck no less. You can dive anytime during a 24 hour period if you're so inclined. The only time I ever dived 6 times in one day was at CocoView and that included two nite dives.

Reactions: Doc
...Jupiter Dive Center offers a 2 tank night dive at least once a month, sometimes twice.

And with JDC to make it REALLY INTERESTING,,you most certainly will get buzzed by sharks in total darkness. And @justwannadivenow3 ,, If you like haunted houses,,,well this is your perfect scream factor !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom